Dry suit inflator hose connection to first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just got a new Atomic regulator for Xmas, and they ship with the second stage hose coming out the low pressure port on the bottom of the first stage. My LDS said to move the second stage hose to the swivel cap to match my old regulator, and that the bottom low pressure port works best for the dry suit inflator. I've always put the dry suit inflator hose on the low pressure port next to my BC inflator hose on the swivel cap. First time I've ever heard this, and can't really remember seeing anyone ever do this. Anybody have experience or recommendations on which low pressure port location is better for the dry suit inflator?

I would use the one that puts the DS inflator hose in the most stream lined position with out having any RESTRICTIONS ,In movement and in connecting and diconnecting inflator hose.I rought mine down under my left arm and under my bcd harness. that way the hose is not close to my boody and aslittle hose sticking out to get hung up on anything.

as Krawlings said....put it where its ergonomic ...there is no RIGHT or WRONG port to use....mine is in the port closest to the wing ....under the arm, under the harness, that's just what works best for me...its my rig and I use it so Ill set it up my way....if the LDS wants it in a different then they can set up THEIRS that way

I have my LPI hose for the drysuit coming out of the bottom port. Mostly because it needs to be there when I dive doubles and it's one less hose to have to move when/if I convert back to a singles reg - but also because it routes nicely under my arm from there. There's no right or wrong way with this one, all the LP ports are the same, whatever works for you is fine.

geoff w:
Anybody have experience or recommendations on which low pressure port location is better for the dry suit inflator?
I would use the one that puts the DS inflator hose in the most stream lined position with out having any RESTRICTIONS
Mud&Rox:
put it where its ergonomic ...there is no RIGHT or WRONG port to use.
mathauck0814:
There's no right or wrong way with this one, all the LP ports are the same, whatever works for you is fine.
Geoff, you appear to be witnessing, in fact have stimulated the emergence of, what just might be a seminal event on SB - unanimity of opinion! :) And, I fully concur - use the LP port where it works best for you.

Geoff, you appear to be witnessing, in fact have stimulated the emergence of, what just might be a seminal event on SB - unanimity of opinion! :) And, I fully concur - use the LP port where it works best for you.

And for once we haven't eaten our own. Yet.

I run mine off the port that is most convenient. Or from the reg on my 6 cu ft dry suit bottle that is attached to my BACK PLATE AND WING!

What in the world would a BP/W have to do with it? The compelling questions are: Do you dive Split Fins and which side is your Snorkel on?

My snorkel is on the same side as where I bungee my spare air to my BP. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom