Maui Jan 12 -20 wetsuits??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A large newbie I only got certified about a month ago this will be my first dive other then my certification pool dives and at the crater in ut. I'm super excited:D!! I have pretty much all my own gear got good deal on a bc, regulator, fins and etc. but no wetsuit i don't know exactly what to wear should i try and buy a wetsuit just rent or just get a rash guard and some shorts any thoughts??

Water off Maui was 75 degrees today.....I was very happy in my 5mil full suit :D

Since you don't know your cold tolerance, you might be better off renting a suit when you get to the island. Just be sure to bring something warm to wear during your surface interval. It can often be windy and chilly topside and even if you don't get cold during the first dive, if you can't stay warm on the surface interval, you'll definitely begin to feel it during the second dive.

Personally, I wear a 5mm full suit with a 3mm vest layered under at minimum. I'll also use a hot pack to stay warm on most dives during the winter and spring and have a boat coat for surface intervals. My husband (big guy at 230 pounds) wears a 5mm full suit and wound up buying a LavaCore hooded, long sleeved insulated shirt to wear under his suit (we were just diving Maui last week).

I'm pretty good in my 3mm with hood.

Here's a shot of me from my last dive feeling nice and toasty...

never_fart_in_a_wet_suit.jpg

Shaka Brah!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom