Best Dive Operators in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see alot of these dive shops require a 25% non refundable deposit. I will be going in September during hurricane season and don't want to lose my deposit if I don't go on the trip due to a storm. Has anybody had any trouble booking the dives at the last minute say two to three days out?

I see alot of these dive shops require a 25% non refundable deposit. I will be going in September during hurricane season and don't want to lose my deposit if I don't go on the trip due to a storm. Has anybody had any trouble booking the dives at the last minute say two to three days out?

Nope. I've just showed up the night before I want to go, and scheduled 3-4 days of diving. I like Tank-ha. It might be tougher if you have a set itinerary, or places you want to go specifically.

I realize this reply is after the OP's vacation but am posting this response for others that might be searching for a PDC dive op:

My girlfriend and I always use Mexico Blue Dream for dives in PDC. They are one of the best dive shops I've visited anywhere.
very friendly, good equipment, safe divers = fantastic dives

Contact Tank-Ha in PDC. They dive in PDC and take you to Coz on their boat. No ferry....yippee!!

I got back last week from the Riveria Mayaand did my AOW course and all my diving with Geofish Dive in Playa del Carmen. Twoof my dives were in cenotes, the rest in the sea along the mainland. Good varietyof dives available for the beginner to advanced diver. Five divers were themost on any dives I was on so their boat is not crowded. They can also arrangea direct crossing to Cozumel in a dive boat to avoid having to take the ferry.
I emailed a number of dive shops a few weeks before Iwent. Some shops did not reply and others replied with a form letter. However,the reply I received from Geofish was very personal and informative. It is a small friendly shop. Everyone from theowner, instructors, DM and boat crew were very friendly and professional. I used my own dive gear and they washed andstored it for me better than I would myself. It was very difficult for me toleave. I felt like I was leaving my family. I am looking forward to going back soon.

Most of the dive shops mentioned are in Playa del Carmen. How long of a drive is it from Playa del Carmen to the popular cenotes for cavern diveing? Does anyone recommend any dive shops further south and closer to the cenotes?
The cenotes are very nearby. We offer 2 tank cenote dives which include transportation to and from the cenote from our dive shop located downtown Playa Del Carmen. Also included in the price is lunch and beverages and all cenote park entrance fees. We have 2 tank cenote dives from $110 USD. Check out our website at Scuba10 or email us at diveplayainfo@yahoo.com for more information. We never take more than 4 divers per guide and our guides are experienced and well informed.

Another thumbs up for Geofish, did about 10 dives with them in February. Had a blast diving with Jonathan, one of the dive masters. I had no trouble setting up dives the day before.

I e-mailed Christa the owner, and got a quick response with information, prices.

Nice people, nice shop!

Hi!
I just got back last week from diving in Playa! I dove with a guy name Jason and he was amazing!!!! I am a fairly new diver as well and he was so patient with me. He has some favorite spots in the reef and I feel so lucky that I got this experience and attention! If you want me to give you his information let me know, well worth it! There was only 4 of us *me and my husband and 2 staff members on the boat so I feel like I was in great hands...also...they only do 2 dives a day so they really put their passion into them. Def. look them up!

We just got back there, diving just before the end of the year. We used The Abyss Dive Center, and would highly recommend them.

I´d recommend them too. They're now an on-line dive shop so you can book (purchase) all your dives in advance by going to Abyss´facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/Abyss.PlayadelCarmen. Dave, the owner, takes care of all the post dive stuff - gear cleaning, storage, etc. - so just have to show up for the dives. Makes it really easy and relaxing. He´s been diving in Playa for about 15 years so he really knows the reefs and where to find the interesting stuff to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom