Ss. Tank bands and ss. Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay.

That was the point of the two holes. I put it there so that if I wanted to I could put a piece of tubing (round bar) and tack weld it or plug weld it to the BP.

I think the diametre of the circle shape needed would be better to use tubing because a 3/4" Solid Rod is kinda heavy, NO?

Personally I dont think it needs to be 316M, 304L is plenty enough. 316M is rated for 24/7 exposure to Marine/Salted water (thats why the M is three). If you think about it you expose your DP, maybe once or twice a day if you dive recreatively. I think 304L is plenty enough for most of the divers.

I'm thinking 316M might be a little bit of overkill but then again I'm not a metallurgist and 304L is readily available in the scrap pile so that makes it an easy choice for me.

For some reason I was thinking 1/4 round bar would do it maybe 1/2, and again, 1/4 dia ss is easily picked from the scrap pile around here. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you think it needs to be 3/4? I'm very interested in seeing if creating a functional cinch is as simple as adding a piece of round bar.

Also, I'm back to modeling the bp and have posted a quickie dwg and 3d pdf in the other thread I linked earlier if you're interested.

Took some measurements on a Halcyon plate today. All slots are 1/4" wide.

I said 3/4" as an approximation to the picture that was posted here but now that I clearly think about it is way too big (and my imagination must have gone crazy)

I have seen the Cinch system once in store and if I recall correctly, the Halcyon Cinch's little bump looked like a 1/4". But I've seen it once, briefly (like 10seconds).

If you make the holes, you can test it out with some metal hardwire and a PVC tubing. Try it out with both dimensions and check for yourself.
I put the holes there in case I wanted to add a cinch later on.
Now I need to make a final version of the BP, YET

If you need my CAD drawing to compare it to or to use it for the Water/Laser cutter I dont mind sharing it with anyone that wants it.
Just PM me, it'll be my pleasure.

Note:
I am not the original creator and take no credit except the small work of modifying it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom