Aladin Prime O-Ring Flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundfield

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kate,

Let me be one of the first to post a question to you. I have an Aladdin Prime that had an O-ring failure and flooded. I was reading that the electronics should still work with a new battery, as the battery compartment is sealed from the electronics, is this true? I replaced the battery, but the computer still does not work. Do you have any repair advice, or do I need to buy a new one?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam-

If it’s not activating, you should take it to an Authorized Dealer for evaluation, and a possible return to SCUBAPRO Technical Services.

Happy Diving!

Hi Adam,

I just checked with Tech Services at Scubapro. They said that only the battery compartment should flood, and that when dried out and replaced with a new battery it should work. They did say that you should put the computer in a bag of rice for a few days. The rice will help absorb any moisture that may have gotten into the computer itself.

You should also change the o-ring on the battery compartment. We have the battery sets here with the o-ring included. Hope this works for you. If it does not work, please bring it in and we will try to fix it or have Scubapro Tech Service give it a shot.

If it can not be fixed, we will get you a special trade-in price on a new one.

Thanks,
Emily Zwaan
Beaver Divers

Not that I'm as much of an expert as the techs at Scubapro but I would argue that desiccant, (silica gel), packs would be much more effective. I always save the packets from purchases in a zip lock baggie and use them in my underwater housings and for situations such as yours.

Good luck...

Adam-

If it’s not activating, you should take it to an Authorized Dealer for evaluation, and a possible return to SCUBAPRO Technical Services.

Happy Diving!

Kate, I think the OP was looking for an answer more on the lines of what BeaverDivers posted. I know some other manufactures advertise that the battery compartment is sealed from the main part of the computer. It sounds like the the battery compartment in the Prime and I would assume the 2G is also? If so it would be good info to put into the owners manual.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input on the manual. We've let product development know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom