Suunto DM4??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are moving along, but they're certainly not there yet. I know when an announced update is posted, I have to start DM4, shut it down, then restart it for the update process to begin. Still don't see anyplace to add equipment, sites, buddies or all the other information I use DM3 to keep track of. Maybe the 'before the end of the year' update will address that. I don't know how hard it is to give us all the functionality we had before with the *option* or using Movescount if we want.

More than a month, I dont see any new significant development of DM4 whatsoever...

The latest version has made some progress, like including temp, vis, etc. but it's still a work in progress. You can't add your own vis, and it's kind of hokey how you 'tag' your buddies and locations.... I'm not sure why they just don't add extra tabs and put the functionality we had before.

I am getting really concerned for the future of Suunto. Call me alarmist but the symptoms I see here are typical of a company that's about to take a nose dive. It's not like they're a manufacturer of automobile parts who can't seem to get their webpage up and running - that would be understandable. No, these guys specialize in developing electronic and software solutions. If they can't get their software right, what does that say about their prowess in developing electronic and software solutions?

C'mon Suunto, it's been two years now. TWO YEARS!!! How much time do you really need to fix your software so that it at least have the functionality of your previous version? We might have understood if it took you two years to add new fancy features but we're just talking about meeting the specifications of a product you already had. What is so difficult about achieving that?

My thought is that they're dragging they're feet getting all the functionality in DM4 so that we will just give up and use Movescount.

My thought is that they're dragging they're feet getting all the functionality in DM4 so that we will just give up and use Movescount.

I will give up and use third party software before I give up and use Movescount. Moreover, I will eventually give up and use a different manufacturer's computer altogether.

I also keep waiting and checking the progress. The last update did improve some stuff but it's not near enough, if you go on a boat or on a trip the first question a diver gets asked is how many dives do you have and this dive manager still doesn't number your dives. It's some of the most basic funtions like this that are missing. I've resorted back to using my Vyper with the old software. I also can't figure out why this is taking so long to fix. If they are hoping people will give up and use movescount that will be the second stupidest descion right behind the first releasing DM4.

I have given up and moved to Dive Log 5. There is no reason to stay with Suunto. And one less reason to use their computers.

I've found that the new series does not work with Dive Log 5, it can't sync. I'm so upset with DM4 right now I could cry. On the old software it would pull your whole history now with the new D9 it will only pull your active logs (about 30 dives for me). I just lost 50 dives, with IDC coming up in may I was hoping to have those for my logbook! Curse you DM4, a pox on your binary code!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom