Advice on dive operators in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3BoyPapa

Registered
Reaction score
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
25 - 49
New to SB--i want to start a thread and get advice on dive operators in Key Largo that are very good with families. My family is a group of 5 and we were certified last spring 2011. We have made about a dozen dives (local lakes and Grand Cayman) and are planning a trip to Key Largo in June.

While I did search and find some threads, I want to discuss operators specific to working with families.

What is the best board to post to?

Thanks

Best would be Florida Conch Divers sub-forum. Plenty of info there.

If you have 5 divers any six pack operation would do nicely as you would call the shots on where to go etc. I like Silent World but others are good as well.

welcome to the board!

I'd recommend that you ask again in the Florida Conch section of the board (Florida Conch Divers) but will recommend two shops that I have used numerous times each, Conch Republic Divers and Silent World. If you're looking for a smaller boat with more personal experience you might want to check out a shop that runs a six pack (no more than six passengers). Both Quiescence and Key Largo Dive Center only run six packs. Silent World also has a six pack so they may be able to help you as well. I haven't used either of the shops, however Quiescence has always gotten great reviews here on SB and SB's very own Mselenaous works there and is always glad to any assistance.

For a relatively inexperienced group, I would recommend Rainbow Reef. They do not charge extra for putting a dive guide in the water. I found this to be helpful on my first trips to the Keys.

+1 for Conch Republic Divers and Silent World

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Conch Republic Divers. I dove with them 3 times just last year (about 30+ dives) and could not ask for a better operator.

+1 (CRD) Conch Republic Divers

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom