Current Weather/Water Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martyjay1010

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello ScubaBoarders!

My dive buddy and I are arriving in Coz tomorrow and we're trying to figure out which exposure gear to pack. I've got a 7mm and a 3mm full suit with all 5mm gloves, boots and hood. I'm thinking the 7 might be a bit overboard but don't know if the 3 will be enough (I tend to be the first in any group to get cold) . Does anyone have up to date water temps and weather reports?
Thanks in advance for any help & hints provided!

-MJ

Water's a little on the cool side for Cozumel this year, maybe 77-78. For most people a 3 mm would be plenty. A front just went through and it was pretty chilly yesterday but right now it's beautiful. Probably you're more likely to get cold on the boat on the way back than in the water.

3mm + hood should cover all conditions you might encounter. if you have beanie that might work better for you than hood. enjoy coz. leave gloves at home.

I would say just the opposite... 77 degree water is definitely 7mm for me. I wear a 5mm with a beanie or hood most of the time, even in 82 degree water because I don't move around alot, I take photos and videos. Plus with the drift in Cozumel, you don't need to kick very often so you are generating less heat.
BTW--- leave the gloves at home, they are not allowed.

A few years ago, in March water was 77-78 degrees and everyone was complaining about being cold in the water but me and my husband, we were wearing 5mm and they were all in 3mm. Just FYI.

As far as the boat rides out and back.... it can feel chilly if it is overcast or cloudy at all. Take a towel on the boat to dry off after your dives, and a t-shirt or sweatshirt to put on for the ride back to dock.

robin

I just got back from there. I usually don't get cold, but I was in a full 3mm with a 5/3 vest and hood and I STILL got a little chilly on a few of the dives. If you get cold easily, I would def. go with the 7 mm. My fiance' is a DM there and he always wears a 7mm this time of year, FWIW. Have a great time!

Water was 78 so 3mm was enough. Conditions were great.

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning" - Al Sleet, the hippy dippy weatherman

Dove a 3/2 full all week and was fine two weeks ago but everyone's mileage varies.

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning" - Al Sleet, the hippy dippy weatherman

George Carlin, RIP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom