Wrist Computers for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife has pretty skinny wrists, and she dives the D6 no problem.

How does she like it? I am trying to decide between the D4 and D6 at this point since it does not look like I will be able to go with the LYNX. The only big difference is the digital compass. Trying to decide if it is worth the extra cost. Any thoughts?

If you don't absolutely HAVE to have the wireless feature, the XEO would be a fine computer for what you need. Just because it can handle tech dives doesn't mean it has to, and Liquivision has made sure to make the operation of the computer super easy, so that even a new diver can navigate the menus. I've dove the XEO on dives ranging from 20ft training dives in the quarry, all the way to 250ft+ tech dives and it absolutely rocks. Even for just routine, recreational, nitrox diving, it would be a great solution for what you are looking for. The visibility underwater cannot even be compared to, and the size of the entire computer is perfect. Check out the picture below. The computer on the left is a Suunto Heli02 and the Xeo is on the right.

Man, the Liquivision sure looks nice (and still very small)! Now I think I might need to change my mind again... The suunto dealer quoted me for the D4i at $513 (Transmitter is an extra $337). I think the Xeo goes for around 1K. I wish this were a cheaper hobby!!

I've used the LiquidVision X1 for about 3 years now or maybe 4. I've always struggled with the problem of small arms/female diver/ tech diver. I always just dealt with larger computers pushed up my forearm until my LiquidVision. For many reasons i'd highly recommend this computer. Not only is it small, the OLED screen is so easy to read, it handles CCR or OC and is easy to switch between them. It can hold up to 10 gasses which can be changed on the fly. You can really taylor it to your individual needs. That being said, yes they are a more expensive computer BUT you won't need to purchase other ones in the future if you continue your diving, if you go to a rebreather, cave, or trimix, ect... this computer will handle it all. Lastly i've been very pleased with their customer service.

I haven't dove the XEO but look into that too! Good luck!

I attached a few images wearing the X1, wetsuit and drysuit. The drysuit photo i'm actually wearing 2 for a deep dive.
Cheers,
Becky

Attachments

• 35818_437738573351_500338351_5764467_5640036_n.jpg
    35818_437738573351_500338351_5764467_5640036_n.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 240
  • 293643_10150340225948352_500338351_9694252_5411633_n.jpg
    293643_10150340225948352_500338351_9694252_5411633_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 468
I've owned a Suunto D6 & D9, Uwatec Galileo SOL and quite a few other mid to upper level dive computers. All I/we have and use now are Liquivision.. (3) X1's and a XEO.. Both the X1 with a DSS bungee mount and the Xeo with the included bungees fit my fiance's wrist perfectly, and are easily adjustable. Most of all you won't outgrow the computer regardless of the type of diving you do, or may do in the future.. The screens are easy to read underwater, the algorithms they use are tried and true, and their customer service is stellar. If you can wait a little while and save until the Lynx comes out, you won't regret it.. Nor would you purchasing a non-air integrated computer..
Here's a nice deal on a Liquivision X1:
The Deco Stop
He may be willing to come down on that as well..

Becky, shouldn't you be wearing that brick on your left arm (pic 1) on your right to counter-balance your bailout? :D
(Not hating on Shearwater, of course.. Just saying!) :) The X1 really is tiny compared to most everything else, though the screen is perfectly readable, even by other divers..

390512_10150515224360854_641355853_8988652_1897440738_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations! I am avoiding the bungee mount because it either cuts off circulation to my arm or slips off. So far the best solution I have achieved is clipping it to my shoulder BCD D-rings.

Since I am planning to get a new computer anyway, I am kind of looking for something that meets my needs exactly. The Suunto looks ideal, but it a little pricey.

@gesta1t : I am selling my old UWATEC on ebay here: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It was too tight and too lose respectively. I have had bungee on 4 different mounts without issue. I would recommend trying again if you have time or inclination. Good luck.

Hi Everyone-- Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice. My husband got me the Liquivision Xeo for my birthday yesterday. I love the size and display-- very excited to take it to Belize in a few weeks :)

I currently use a D6 though even as a big guy do find it quite bulky many of my friends who also happen to be ladies absolutely love the D4. Also I love the conservative dive profiles on the sunto watches as I am always telling my students Safe Safe Safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom