can you do diving in NJ in Jan ? any good shops or teacher's near trenton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anything close in pa near the trenton NJ area?

We are not in PA but our shop is in Hillsborough, NJ!! We are well worth the Trip! We are having a Big Sale (Used & New Gear) this coming weekend starting on Friday morning at 10am. We will also be having an "Open House" on December 3rd & 4th! Swing by and check us out in person!

Stop in and check us out!

''' I don't know about shops in the trenton area, but i'm almost positive some shops in the shore area do still go out on the few boats that may still be running....

Langs Ski & Scuba on N. Olden Ave. in Trenton. Tuna Seasure runs all winter out of Brielle. You may die when you get out of the water in a semi-dry.:no:

I am totally new to diving and would not consider diving in Jersey at that time of year. If you are looking to get out on a boat.... one thing that I can tell you is to have a few backup dates... the Atlantic ocean at that time of year tends to be a bit unpredictable, as a boater and fishermen I do know about sea conditions. I was going to suggest Langs Ski @ Scuba as well.... I worked there years ago in the ski dept.

I will second the The Scuba Connection in Hillsborough. They are a full service shop with a huge inventory from recreational to techinical dive gear. Certainly worth the drive up 206 from Trenton. As for boats this winter Gypsy Blood, Tuna Siezure, and Sea Lion are a few I know that are running. Diving January in a semidry is going to be pretty cold. I would reccomend a dry suit if you really want to partake in year round diving in NJ. The Scuba Connection actually rents dry suits and has a indoor heated pool on premise to do the first part of your training in. They can also arrange for check out dives this winter.

I think the Indy II's still running also. I know we're doing a charter next week if the weather holds up.

Next weeks charter will probably be our last charter of the year. We will then be pulling the boat. I crew on the boat and will see you guys next week :)

I'll second the Scuba Connection recommendations. Great guys, great instructors and a "candy store" of a dive shop.

Henrik

I'm also going to "second" that you check out "The Scuba Connection" in Hillsborough. It is not that far from Trenton. It is a big store, with a full line of gear, instructors that can teach all levels of diving (from open water through instructor), and a pool for you to try it before you buy it. If you can't do the 25 minute drive from Trenton, Lang's is on Olden Avenue by the Ewing border.

As for diving in January, why would you NOT do it? As long as you have a drysuit, you can dive in NJ all year.

Hi Wayne, Jeremiah, and Sean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom