Beneath the Sea 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is how the exhibitor agreement reads, a few do break the rules and a few are caught every year. BTS is not a flea market and sales of regs, computers, bc's and tanks are not allowed. A FFM by OTS is a bit of a grey area since it is considered an "add-on".

It is a great place to get info, touch and feel the latest on scuba equipment, a lot of great seminars and people. A few good parties and the occasional celebrity. Do bring some cash as there are always lots of cool books, clothes and stuff to pick-up.

Enjoy the show.

you are right, you are allowed to sell things like an ez cut, and I do suggest folks bring some cash as there are plenty of fun things to spend your money on. However, if you are coming to BTS expecting an outlet mall or flea market, you will be disappointed. Sales of life support equipment, such as; regs, bc's and tanks is against the show rules.

I bought my drysuit there about six or seven years ago. I was measured and paid for it there, then it was shipped to me. Got a GREAT deal !! Great suit !!:D

Thanks for sharing the news with us. I will try to join this event. I would be highly appreciated by seeing this show or event.

Thanks,

David Ochs, Chairman of the NAUI Board of Directors, will be at the show, working the NAUI booth and giving 2 presentations.

I'll be there! I think this is like my 5th-6th year in a row!

As a recap of the show, the turn out last weekend (March 23 – 25) was huge, supposedly one of the largest on BTS’s record. Naturally, with all the latest interest in rebreathers, we had a lot of that traffic stop by KISS Rebreather booth – manned by Kim Mikusch (owner), Mike Young, Dave Oldham and myself (not pictured, because I was taking it). There, everyone was able to see both the KISS Explorer CCR and the GEM SCR (in both basic and advanced configurations) side by side. I will say GEM got the lion’s share of attention; mainly for its more cost effective and simplistic approach to getting into rebreathers, and as a tool to underwater photographers for extending bottom time with less noise.

On Monday following BTS, PADI held another one of their PADI’s RecToTec try dive experience, in which attendees could try out various open circuit side-mount rigs, full-face masks and rebreathers.

Although the event was not as large as the one organized at DEMA, according to Dave, there were between 60 and 100 people that went into the water. Some of the divers were there to trying everything they could. Others were instructors who wanted to find out what this Tech thing is all about. On the plus side, Dave was also able to spend more time one on one with everyone who came to try out the GEM semi-closed rebreather.

Attachments

• IMG_8002.jpeg
    IMG_8002.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8012.jpeg
    IMG_8012.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 56
  • M0013427.jpg
    M0013427.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 53
Great show, so much to see and so many friends in attendance, always a must-do in our book!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom