A big thumbs up to Maui Dive Shop...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sshrum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I gotta give a big "thumbs up" for outlet Maui Dive Shop in Kihei...the booking agent screwed up my dive plans (he booked me in a Lahaina dive when I expressly asked for a Kihei dive). I showed up in Kihei on time and there were no Kihei dives planned that day (and no time to make it back to Lahaina in time). To make mattes worse, there where no available instructors to do the dive with.

Lynley called around and found a dive leader just for me. "Thumbs up" to Mark who rescheduled a day-off appointment to do the dive with me.

I'd tend to agree on the gear...a few of the regs I rented from them made noise (high pitched wheezing when I inhaled underwater) which made me just a bit uncomfortable. Unfortunately, my integrated reg wasn't compatible with their BCs. I'm looking into a travel BC these days.

Doug, I know you are a decent person who would never put somebody at risk.. However I have seen some of their gear that their velcro is coming apart and dump weights... power inflators that are pretty much fried... leaking hoses... it goes on..

I am not even sure I would trust the hydro's on their tank to not blow my car up at the quality of their other gear. Then their total support a exclusive atomic dealer makes me want to RAGE.

I can not comment on their gear as I never rented anything from them. But I will say their service to take divers out is awesome. I booked with a competitor a trip to Molokini. It was only a small window of time that I could dive also. At the last possible moment that shop called to tell me they were canceling the trip. With only a matter of hours to get everything up and running I called Maui Dive Shop and they set me up on a different dive site. Though it was not the dive of my choice it was a salt water dive :) To my amazement they only had 6 divers on this run. I asked about how they would do dives even when they were out of pocket and the captain replied it was their policy. Hes even seen it where only 2 divers had gone out which cost more to get the crew paid and fuel then they made.

He replied the policy was that they bank profits during the good dive trips and use it to compensate losses during slow seasons or off peak times. To go ahead and take divers out despite the loss of cash really won my heart. Now when I go to Maui I take my own gear and am loyal to them!

Back
Top Bottom