Hollis DC 1 and 212 regulator for Tech diving in the Pacific Northwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I have a chance to pick up this regulator at a really good price and I was
Wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular regular for cold water and tech diving in the Pacific Northwest and how well it held up or if there were any problems

Thanks

Dave

One thing that turned me off of the Hollis when I was shopping was the availability of service and parts. I wasn't able to track down a definitive answer on warranty service. So I would look into this first. And when you find a place that can handle the service you may be able to solicit some commentary on the performance of the regulator in local water.

I now see that The Edge diving centre sells Hollis regulators, I would assume they could handle parts and service (warranty or no). It would be worth checking with them about parts + function in the local water.

I don't have experience with Hollis regs but I agree with akirawut make sure it easy to get parts. Lately, I've been using HOG they're dirt cheap and easy to maintain(I do that myself).
Which is a good thing when you have 5 or 6 of them to service every year.

Thanks for posting, good question.

Hollis offers FREE routine annual maintenance (parts) for as long as you own your Oceanic Product and maintain the terms specified below:

1. Buyer must register his product
2. All products must be inspected and/or serviced annually by an authorized Hollis Service Technician.
(Must show proof of authorized service within 12 months)

This program applies to all Hollis Regulators, Buoyancy Compensators, Dive Computers, and Analog Gauges purchased and serviced through an Authorized Dealer. By registering your product you are automatically enrolled in the program. There is no additional charge for this program.

This program allows for parts to be provided at no charge for as long as the owner maintains the terms specified below. Individual dealer participation in this program is voluntary. A dealer is only obligated to honor service agreements that they have issued. Any Authorized Hollis Dealer may, at their option, honor a service agreement issued by another dealer.

All labor fees incurred in overhaul service are the responsibility of the owner of the product serviced. This includes, but is not limited to inspection, calibration, battery change, overhaul or other services performed.

Thanks!

Dave,

Your Hollis regulators will work fine in cold water. Nick Hollis has already covered the entire Service Agreement question. I will only add one point which is that The Edge Diving Centre will honour your service agreement if you have proof that you are the original owner. Even if you are not, the part kits are well priced and turn around time for your regs to be serviced is usually one week or less. If you have purchased the gear second hand and would simply like to know that it is set up properly, we can help you with that as well.

Henry

Dave,

Your Hollis regulators will work fine in cold water. Nick Hollis has already covered the entire Service Agreement question. I will only add one point which is that The Edge Diving Centre will honour your service agreement if you have proof that you are the original owner. Even if you are not, the part kits are well priced and turn around time for your regs to be serviced is usually one week or less. If you have purchased the gear second hand and would simply like to know that it is set up properly, we can help you with that as well.

Henry

Guess I should have bought those used Hollis I found at a good price way back when... :wink:

Thanks everyone for the information
and thanks Henry I just received the phone call this afternoon regarding the regs

Back
Top Bottom