Carnival Mahogany Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReelDuel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can someone tell me who Carnival dives with? And any advice you might have. Has anyone dove with this dive shop and if so how many people were on the dive and what did you think of it. Thank you Everyone!!:D

Just got back. Did Mahogany Bay week and a half ago.
Carnival uses Anthony Key Dive Resort. There were about 20 divers on the boat, but..... since the sites are so close to the operation, they run back to the resort for the surface interval.
I found the divemaster (guides) were not overly "dive natzi" The formations are great. The operation is good as well.

Just got back. Did Mahogany Bay week and a half ago.
Carnival uses Anthony Key Dive Resort. There were about 20 divers on the boat, but..... since the sites are so close to the operation, they run back to the resort for the surface interval.
I found the divemaster (guides) were not overly "dive natzi" The formations are great. The operation is good as well.

So did all 20 divers dive together?? at the same time?? What size tanks do they use??

I dove two weeks ago when we cruised on the Carinval Valor. We had 18 divers on board but the operation was run flawlessly. We didn't have any brand new divers which was real helpful. Both of the DMs were very experienced and kept a close eye on everyone but they weren't overly protective. They did a great job pointing out animals to the group. There was a lot of sea life on both of the dives that included turtles, morays, snappers, lobsters, and the ever present Sergeant Majors. All in all, I had a great time and would definately go again.

Good to hear. We are diving with the Carnival Op on our upcoming trip to Roatan in March. Our ship seems to be docking on a schedule that the independent ops want to schedule around us.

Good to hear. We are diving with the Carnival Op on our upcoming trip to Roatan in March. Our ship seems to be docking on a schedule that the independent ops want to schedule around us.

We are looking to dive with Sueno Del Mar right now. Smaller groups is what we are looking for. We are used to not having to follow the tour guide or dive master. Just go where ever we want. And follow our profile.

We dove with Subway last year on our Carnival cruise. It was awesome as we were the only two divers. Had an awesome time and beautiful dives.

We wound up diving with West End Divers and would recommend them 100%! They sent a driver to pick us up at the port and dropped us back off with plenty of time to spare. The dives were great and were only a 5 min ride from their shop.

Back
Top Bottom