Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im still trying to figure out how to post and use this site .. Give me a fkn break .. So if everybody needs to know . I am the one who showed Mud n Rox everything he knows HAHA .. Na .. It good to finally have a friend who is willing to dive the cooper with me .. Give it time .. we will clean the cooper river of all its fossils. Ive been divin the river for nearly ten years and it gets better every dive .. Later all .

Im still trying to figure out how to post and use this site .. Give me a fkn break .. So if everybody needs to know . I am the one who showed Mud n Rox everything he knows HAHA .. Na .. It good to finally have a friend who is willing to dive the cooper with me .. Give it time .. we will clean the cooper river of all its fossils. Ive been divin the river for nearly ten years and it gets better every dive .. Later all .

Well Rich, good to meet ya. My name is Mike, I go by AeroMike because I am an aerospace engineer. I live in Mt Pleasant, SC and I cannot wait to get back into the water. I was hoping to purchase a drysuit this year to get into the water during the colder months especially after Phill and I went diving into the Edisto on New Years Eve in 50 degree water, that was coldddddddd.

Where do you all live? locally? out of state? part time locally?

What we all need to do is go out and dive the dredge piles from the harbor. It is only is 40 feet of water but we need a larger boat because it is roughly 4-5 miles off the coast.

Well Rich, good to meet ya. My name is Mike, I go by AeroMike because I am an aerospace engineer. I live in Mt Pleasant, SC and I cannot wait to get back into the water. I was hoping to purchase a drysuit this year to get into the water during the colder months especially after Phill and I went diving into the Edisto on New Years Eve in 50 degree water, that was coldddddddd.

Where do you all live? locally? out of state? part time locally?

What we all need to do is go out and dive the dredge piles from the harbor. It is only is 40 feet of water but we need a larger boat because it is roughly 4-5 miles off the coast.

that would be awesome Mike.....never new there was a dredge pile out there....pretty productive??
we are part time locals I guess.....we live in TN....thats where we work and have families at least haha.....we are in Moncks Corner 2-3 weekends a month...

Mike I see yours an aerospace engineer.....whats everyone else do for a living....tony?....Lee?....Me and my dad own and operate a swimming pool company here in TN

Retired US Marine and working at a hospital as a Respiratory Therapist. Yes I have worked on both sides of health care. I handle ER, trauma, critical care, etc. from pediatrics to geriatrics. Planning on cross training to neonates and hyperbaric. Love my job.

Due to an unfortunate and tragic circumstance described in another thread, our group was only able to make a single dive off of Carolina Beach on Meg Ledge this year. During this dive, most of our group was only finding a few broken and small teeth, it appeared that the area we had dropped on had already been picked over, but about 30 minutes into the dive, I suddenly came across what appeared to be a virgin stretch that had not yet been picked over. I picked up all of these teeth in about 30 minutes in an area about 10 feet wide by 30 feet long. I was happy as you could imagine until I was at my safety/deco stop when everything went to hell. Until some time had passed I didn't feel it was appropriate to post my photos. But here we go.
DSCN6417.JPG

Found_10-13-11.jpg

P8160198.JPG

large_teeth.jpg

WOW Steve, you found all those in about 30 minutes? I do believe you found a virgin spot on that ledge.

BTW, I read that thread and it was indeed a tragic day. Too bad, I hope this incident has not deterred you from diving.

Glad you posted some pics~!

Okay, here we go, I took some pics of some of my stuff for your enjoyment. Feel free to comment if you'd like.

First my dive spikes and my dive helmet.
photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

some old bottles
photo1.jpg

Relics and 4" confederate cannon ball
photo9.jpg

photo19.jpg

Some of my Indian artifacts, pottery pieces, arrowheads, scrapers, knife blade, etc.
photo15.jpg

Finally the teeth, have fun~!
BTW, the Mako tooth is my fav.
photo16.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo20.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

Some fossils laying around the house
photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo14.jpg

Big tuna tail
photo5.jpg

Hey aeromike , Yea as mud n rox said we live in NE tenn. year round . Ive been diving the cooper for many years and fell in love with it and the people of the area instantly . I started camping on the river and renting a boat and air . Then bought a boat , then a compressor , then finally a house opened up in the area and and I bought it about a year ago. Its only a few yards from the river and has a private boat landing . It has taken me years to get it all going but it was all worth it . My boat is a quad pontoon pontoon boat and probably wont be good for going off shore . I built it just for the river . Me and Mud n rox dive all year round but if you dont have a drysuit you may want to wait till about end of march or april .. You are welcome to come try our set up all I ask is a little gas money and help setting up the boat before the dive and after .. Trust me ,, its much better than getting on one of the cattle boats that put their divers on the same spot every dive . Now about me . I own a couple of small businesses here in Tenn. , one is a little debbie snack cake distributorship the other is a small commercial diving business . Hey but any bad day of diving on the river is better than any good day of work .. We are planning on doing some research dives soon to find some virgin beds .. Need people with big balls if your in ..

Nice collection mike .. Maybe one weekend when we are down we could invite ourselves over to see your collection and talk divin.

Nice collection mike .. Maybe one weekend when we are down we could invite ourselves over to see your collection and talk divin.

Yeah man~! send me an email and I'll shoot you over my cell #. My wife and I went tonight to go look at a bank repo house on the water in Mt P. big house, 3,000 sf and a newer dock but my goodness, the people trashed the house and the bank still want 675k for it. Honestly it wasn't worth 200k. Thew property was worth more and the house unfortunately is a wreck, too bad, it is only 10 years old too.

I am always in for diving, you give me a holler when your in town and we can hook up. I have a friend of mine who is a dive master and lives right down the street from me. He has a nice off shore boat and I told him he needs to take me and few others out to the dredge piles. I told him we all would pay him like 50 a piece and he said it sounded good. too bad he works all the time and doesn't really ever come through when it comes to diving.

I told my wife maybe we should just look for a lot on the water with no build time so that way I can take my time building a nice house.

Let's go do some drift diving and find some spots~!

Have you ever dived in the Edisto? Ashapoo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom