Sea Soft TX3 pros, cons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajtoady

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have just made a deal on a Seasoft TX3 and would like to hear from some owners of such as to it's pros and cons.

I'm getting scared, no replies. It's either really good or no one owns one.:idk:

Just saw your post from December.
I have over 80 dives in my TX3. Very warm and easy to don and doff. It is a rugged and well designed dry suit.
I am a scuba instructor in South Florida and teach year round. When the water gets below 80F I switch to dry diving.
I need a suit that is rugged and easy top care for. This suit is spot on. I only use the Alaska undergarment when the water is below 70F, it is very comfortable and even in water temps of low 60s I can still be warm after a 90 minute dive.

My only issue is that I get some leakage in the wrist seals when I'm not wearing gloves. I tend to be a bit damp from wrist to elbow. I don't see this as a huge drawback compared to the warmth I get. It could be I'm not tucking in the wrist seals properly but I don't have problems when I'm wearing my SeaSoft gloves.

BTW get the hood from Bruce too it is well worth the money. Once you've used one you'll never use another brand.

My TX3 is a comfortable dry-suit but it allows a lot of water up the arms and I have a wet spot in the crotch. I sent it back to SeaSoft and they declared it fixed but the wet spot in the crotch remains. As far as the arms go not one dry suit I've ever owned kept my arms dry. So the SeaSoft is no different. My wrists are just too sinewy to seal with any type of seal. I changed out the wrist dump valve as it allowed a lot of water to enter the left sleeve. SeaSoft has a "life time" warranty on the seams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom