Bang stick, power head questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, im starting to get into the diving business. Just trying to get the feel of the kind of market i will be getting in. Im looking to start selling bangsticks for a reasonable priced. It would be on a 3or4 foot aluminum pole. It would be an o ring style. Just want to know if anyone would be interested. Sory if this was a TOS. Thanks look forward to the feed back i will be getting.

They would be SS 303.

Also what do you think is better oring,spring,or slip on style?

Thanks

Bang sticks are not illegal in Florida for everyone.

Snapper Ledge protection is fast-tracked

At a 4 p.m. Monday meeting at the Hilton Key Largo Resort at mile marker 97, the South Atlantic Council will take general comments on several issues, including whether the agency should begin working on a marine-protected zone for Snapper Ledge. A final decision would be months away.
"Personally, I support it," Makepeace said. "I don't want to create a precedent for using spot-zoning based on individual needs, but the Snapper Ledge situation and concerns are somewhat unique."
Also Monday, the council also will review a proposal to establish 56 areas in Keys waters around protected elkhorn and staghorn corals where lobster-trap fishing would be banned.
The zones as proposed came out of talks between the Florida Keys Commercial Fishermen's Association, the Keys Sanctuary and local marine-conservation groups.
"We're on board for almost of the zones, except for three," FKCFA Executive Director Bill Kelly said. "We're asking them to them to shrink those or break them into two or more zones to cover a smaller area."
Those three include a large area off Newfound Harbor in the Lower Keys, one off Davis Reef near Long Key, and one inside Carysfort Reef off Key Largo.
"Fishermen are all in favor of protecting the coral but these three zones include a lot of ground where there is no [branching coral]," he said.
The South Atlantic Council also is considering creating new rules that could limit the use of powerhead fishing -- using a spear that uses a shotgun shell to take large fish, or create a special permit for powerhead fishing.

Powerheads are not illegal in most waters but are in some.
Having said that I can tell you the market is absolutely saturated here in Florida with both reuseable and disposable Personal protection devices (PPD's) powerheads/ bangsticks etc...

Back
Top Bottom