First Liveaboard (Blackbeards) - What to expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

I just got back from the Freeport trip. Our boat was the Sea Explorer and this was absolutely the best trip I have ever been on. Here's 6 days (20 dives) packed into a 3.5 minute slide show:

[video]http://www.stoermertree.com/VDO/Blackbeard-Bahamas-2011-720x480.mp4[/video]

BOOK IT!! You won't be sorry!
--Chris

Best time ever!! Was on the Pirates Lady last Nove,mber and returning this November. It is camping on the sea, but for the price you cannot beat it!!

Food was good, crew was great, company was excellent and the diving was awesome!! Lets face it why are we there -- to Dive!

Have fun.

Just paid off my trip for 5-11 may 2012! anyone else going that time frame?

Sweatshirts are really helpful. The air itself is not all that cold, but remember, you have been in the water for 3 or 4 dives, and when I went, I never really got "warm" until I had that hot cup of tea after the night dive and snuggled into my sweatshirt and sweatpants. Enjoy your trip!

As far as sweatshirts go, I think it really depends on when you go, but it's probably never a bad idea if you've got room in your suitcase. It can get a bit chilly if you've been caught in the rain all afternoon. A rain/windproof jacket is probably not a bad idea either, especially if you're a bit prone to seasickness; if you get stuck in a bit of bad weather, below deck is probably not where you want to be and a jacket will make it more comfortable and fun to stay up top -- I'm bringing one when I go back in May.

I was on the boat once in a tropical storm. Talk about rough seas! Even with that it was a great trip and I've gone back with the same guys once already and have another trip planned. You can make some great friends due to the close quarters.

Definitely go get a super thin rain jacket and bring it with you since they take up next to no space, it is one of those things you should not forget but hopefully you won't need. The hiker style rain covers work great, found at REI or any outdoor store.

I saw a couple post about being sea sick. Everyone i saw that got that way was took motion sickness meds and they didnt seem to work or made it worse. The crew passed out some ginger pills and everyone felt great. i would pick up a bottle if you think you might get sea sick

Back
Top Bottom