New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planeguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Well I did it! Today I passed my Open Water Diver Certification. I was lucky enough to have a great instructor that had me totally prepped for the dives. While on a business trip to Jamaica I decided to do the certification here. The school I did my lessons was an SSI school and the shop here is a PADI shop. They would not accept my SSi Universal Referral so they made me take another written exam (which I passed even though the PADI tables are in metrics) and they refused to sign me off so i could get the SSI card instead I will get a PADI card. Not sure if that makes any difference or not but I have my temporary card and am totally excited about more dives!

Hey, Planeguy, if you really want to get connected with Ohio and Mich. divers and have a great weekend of diving, food, and friends, make plans to attend the GLWC Meet & Greet. Take a look at the Sticky at the top; all the info you need is there. If you need more info, post on that thread. Congrats on the cert; that's only the beginning.

Thanks! I have a "business" trip to Nassau in April and am looking forward to diving there. I have snorkeled there many times so this will be much better. I am so hooked on scuba!

Congratulations! That first certification can be the beginning of a life changing thing. You will find that diving has become a passion for many of us. Welcome to the group! As Denny said, the M&G is a great place to connect with other local divers. My advice to you is don't be afraid of meeting new people and dive as often as you can. There are a LOT of great people to meet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom