Prayers for a swamper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great News!
I knew he wouldnt shut up for very long. :rofl3:
David, i know you will read this thread sooner or later. So stop talking and concentrate on healing.

Just saw this thread. Praying the best for you David and Monica.

I am so thrilled to hear David is much improved! Just wanted to share this photo of me and him at Wet Wendy's in March of 2010. Keep on healing David!
With David Frisk. March.2010.jpg

Update from Toby, David's brother:
DAVID FRISK ACCIDENT UPDATE

Hospital: Brooke Army Medical Center (“BAMC”) ICU / Burn unit, San Antonio Texas
#1 burn unit in the country where ALL soldiers from Iraq / Afghanistan flown to

Visitation for the next several days is for family only. We can only have two people at a time x 3 times a day. In the future we hope that he will be able to have friends visit.

Because he is in a sterile environment in the ICU (he is in a private room with a nurse in the room outside the door 24/7). These male nurses are assigned to him for the entire stay as is the team of doctors- nutritionist, physical therapists, ophthalmologists, surgeon, etc. He cannot have flowers, etc. We have to wear caps, gowns and gloves to protect against infection, which is the primary concern in burn units.
We don’t know when that might change but if you would like to send cards, letters, or especially **pictures Monica or the family will read each and every one of them as this is the only comfort we can offer him. Even better, If you want to send video clips or audio clips to David, we will play them on Monica’s Ipad. (SEE ACTION ITEMS)

STATUS UPDATE:

Percentage of his body that is burned = “77%”
No body parts were lost. His ears, nose, lips, fingers, toes are burned but not deformed.
Eye site: He can see but still has burns on his eyes. Eye pressure is great, so long term prognosis is a full recovery.
Hearing: He can hear.
No internal organ damage (including his man package!)
He is fully aware of everything going on around him.

Recovery: The rule of thumb is 2 days per 1 % of burn, or 77% x 2 = 154 days. Burn recovery is a roller coaster of progress and regression. **Today is the most important day since the accident because they are determining the level of burn damage, ie: 2nd or 3rd degree and how many skin grafts will have to be done. 2nd degree burns will regenerate skin; 3rd degree will not and require multiple operations / grafts.

Action items:
Does anyone have a connection to the hotel industry / executive suites in San Antonio, close to the Brooke Army Medical Center on Roger Brooke drive?? Monica will be moving here for however long it takes for David to recover completely and she needs a place to stay. Luckily she has a job that she can work remotely!

MAILING ADDRESS FOR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SEND TO DAVID THROUGH THE FAMILY:
David Frisk, C/O Tori Loveless, 19206 Fenwick Crest Dr, San Antonio, TX 78258
On my 2nd visit Monday David gave me the “thumbs up” to read your messages. I read every name and as many comments as I could and he enjoyed hearing them. This is his only window to the outside world and your direct connection to him given the circumstances right now.

EMAIL VIDEO, PICTURES, or AUDIO CLIPS: Tobyfrisk@gmail.com or upload them to a site like Vimeo and send me the link. If you use your cell phone to record a message you should be able to simply MMS/message to Tobyfrisk@gmail.com. I know he is going to love sitting there listening to anything you want to tell him. He’s bull headed, pissed off about the situation(!!) and has definitely not lost his sense of humor. This is a positive sign. You know he’s headed down the right path but he hates the fact that he can’t move nor control the situation :)

REALITY CHECK: Although he is alive and his eyes are open, he is in constant pain. His words are very labored. He is in a burn suit that covers his entire body except his face, feet and a few fingers. He is not out of the woods be any means. With that said, YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY. PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD HIM UP IN PRAYER AS HE FIGHTS TO RECOVER.

THANK YOU FROM MONICA AND THE ENTIRE FRISK FAMILY! We cannot express to you how much your prayers and support mean to us. We will keep you updated as much as possible.

Elena,
Thank you for the update, I have passed it on to many of his friends.

Texas T. may our wonderful LORD, bring blessings upon you and the other crew.

Last edited:
Late Breaking News from Monica:
We just heard....David just has 1st and 2nd degree burns, which is awesome!!!!!!! No skin graphs, no limited mobility and shorter recover period. Thank you all for your prayers.....the power of prayer is awesome!!!!!! Thank you God!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom