Clarks Hill/ Lake Thurmond, Augusta GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Haven't posted lately re local conditions but they have been fairly good. Vis about 10' or so and a fair amount of fish life. Water temps are bumping 50 F. Our local group has been diving weekly and enjoying dives to about a max depth of 100' (still small fish there) with dive times still over 50 min. We are diving wet :shakehead:.

How is the river / Are the temps inching up . I am looking forward to coming to Augusta and dive with you on the river this spring or summer.
Good to hear from you again. River is about the same temp (around 50F) as the lake. The rain this weekend has muddied it up a bit - will take several days to clear. Temps do not move upward until late March. It is a fav dive of course. Our lake diving has been a bit weird. We usually see almost no fish this time of year (they must fly South for the winter :)), but we have had a fair bit of fish life the past few weekends.

Saw your Jocassee post. Diving wet also are we? :)

Dry.:idk: Wet, I would have just hardened and sunk away into the darkness.:crying2:

I would love to catch up with yall on one of your Clarks Hill Lake excursions. When I was at Carolina, my college class did some of our diving as part of an SSI Advanced Course. When do you all ususally dive, I would drive up from Hilton Head.

I would love to catch up with yall on one of your Clarks Hill Lake excursions. When I was at Carolina, my college class did some of our diving as part of an SSI Advanced Course. When do you all ususally dive, I would drive up from Hilton Head.

Our usual dive schedule is Saturday mornings (9a in summer - 2 tanks, 10a in winter - 1 tank) and Sundays at 1p (1 tank in winter, 2 tanks in summer). However, we do change it around some. Just send me a PM on ScubaBoard when you are interested in coming and I'll let you know our plans. Note: The river is not very enjoyable after rains (lower vis) and is best dove after a week or two of no rain.

Our usual dive schedule is Saturday mornings (9a in summer - 2 tanks, 10a in winter - 1 tank) and Sundays at 1p (1 tank in winter, 2 tanks in summer). However, we do change it around some. Just send me a PM on ScubaBoard when you are interested in coming and I'll let you know our plans. Note: The river is not very enjoyable after rains (lower vis) and is best dove after a week or two of no rain.

Ok cool, thanks for the reply. I will PM you when I am planning on heading that way.

Our lake dive has been exceptional the past two weeks (excepting last Sunday with the high winds). Vis has been 15' with good light penetration (no lights need on the 80' wall). Lots of fish. Cats (at depth), bass and bluegills (large schools of last year's hatchlings. Water temp is 55 degrees. Six of us dove today and had a great time. Today's dive was to 97' max depth with a dive time of 56 min.

Back
Top Bottom