Manufacturers under different brand names.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqualung distributes - Apeks and Suunto in the US, I believe they own Seaquest now. Deep See as well Scubapro owns and is trying to do away with the name Uwatec in favor of just Scubapro. Subgear is a "tropical" line of Scubapro. Scubapro also sells some regs to Tusa. Scubapro and Halcyon have been in sync for some time. The part numbers, forms, etc are the same. Now Halcyon makes stuff for Scubapro and of course H regs are Scubapros. Tusa/Tabata and Sea and Sea are all one Oceanic/Aeris/Hollis - all one XS Scuba / Sea Pearls / Highland - Worthington cylinders Sherwood/Akona/Genesis

Hi bracko, Yes I'm sure. The Cressi edy is a seiko model and the Scuba-pro Xtender is also a seiko model as is the Apeks Quantum. I'm sure there are others possibly an Aqualung wrist watch model but cant recall for sure. FWIW Seiko I believe has stopped producing computers for diving.

Aqualung distributes - Apeks and Suunto in the US, I believe they own Seaquest now. Deep See as well Scubapro owns and is trying to do away with the name Uwatec in favor of just Scubapro. Subgear is a "tropical" line of Scubapro. Scubapro also sells some regs to Tusa. Scubapro and Halcyon have been in sync for some time. The part numbers, forms, etc are the same. Now Halcyon makes stuff for Scubapro and of course H regs are Scubapros. Tusa/Tabata and Sea and Sea are all one Oceanic/Aeris/Hollis - all one XS Scuba / Sea Pearls / Highland - Worthington cylinders Sherwood/Akona/Genesis

I thought TUSA made regs for Scubapro.

-Mitch

I have to say... Wow. There's so much mis-information in this thread, I don't even know where to start.

Suffice it to say... The following information is correct.

Aqua Lung owns Deep See, SeaQuest, Apeks and Whites. They also own Gorski (Hard Hats), Aqua Sphere (Swimwear), US Divers (snorkel line). They also distribute Suunto in the USA. You can look here for more info: Aqua Lung

SCUBAPRO is UWATEC, and has been for a long time. They also purchased Seaman Sub, now SUBGEAR. SCUBAPRO makes the Halcyon Regulator... But they haven't made the TUSA reg in a long time, and there is no relationship there at all at this time.

Oceanic, Hollis, and Aeris are part of the American Underwater Products (American Underwater Products), and are all one company. It also includes LavaCore.

Tabata is: TUSA, Sea & Sea, & Waterproof

Yes... Bare and Atomic ware recently acquired by the same company... They also acquired Stahlsac Gear Bags.

I think that like many other vendors Scuba companies source items globally from the same OEMs and private brand for each other for certain products at certain times......so there is no hard and fast rule for this stuff......

M

Akona, Sherwood, and Genesis are interconnected.

I have to say... Wow. There's so much mis-information in this thread, I don't even know where to start.

Suffice it to say... The following information is correct.

Aqua Lung owns Deep See, SeaQuest, Apeks and Whites. They also own Gorski (Hard Hats), Aqua Sphere (Swimwear), US Divers (snorkel line). They also distribute Suunto in the USA. You can look here for more info: Aqua Lung

SCUBAPRO is UWATEC, and has been for a long time. They also purchased Seaman Sub, now SUBGEAR. SCUBAPRO makes the Halcyon Regulator... But they haven't made the TUSA reg in a long time, and there is no relationship there at all at this time.

Oceanic, Hollis, and Aeris are part of the American Underwater Products (American Underwater Products), and are all one company. It also includes LavaCore.

Tabata is: TUSA, Sea & Sea, & Waterproof

Yes... Bare and Atomic ware recently acquired by the same company... They also acquired Stahlsac Gear Bags.

Exactly the kind of information I was looking for.. You made it clear and specified about products. Thanks!

There is a thread someplace on SB indicating the manufacturer of the various regulators and the equivalent.

There is a thread someplace on SB indicating the manufacturer of the various regulators and the equivalent.

Wasn't just referring to regulators, but thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom