Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone post a link to the 20/20 interview? I don't think I will be able to get it on this side of the puddle:(

Last edited:
Darn.. I get a message that I am in an Unathuroized country and can't view it:doh:

Show finished, a balanced story. A pity it was only an hour as a lot of relevant information not included that would have made the case for Gabe's innocence even more compelling.

Odd that he says that he didn't know that she had never dived the ocean before. That does not fit my understanding? :confused: I thought he encouraged her to get certified before the honeymoon? I'm lost...??

See if this works for ya': 20/20 | Investigative Journalism, Medical Mysteries, News Magazine - ABC News

It looks like it was the dive operator who didn't know she hadn't dive in the ocean before. If this is true they obviously failed miserably in determining if they were putting divers into a situation that was a recipe for disaster! We can only hope that Tina's death has protected others from her unfortunate fate!

Show finished, a balanced story. A pity it was only an hour as a lot of relevant information not included that would have made the case for Gabe's innocence even more compelling.

Thanks Michael. I just wish I could watch the show here. When you get back to Sydney I would love to shout you a beer or a meal and have a chat about this. Thanksforallthefish (my hubby and primary dive buddy) tuned me out on the topic years ago. It would be interesting to talk to someone about it in detail without him muttering enough enough!

I would also love to talk to you about our favorite dive site.. here is a picture of a mutual friend...
589S-542CSmall.jpg

More than once the show has Gabe stating He didn't know she had never been in the ocean.. he was the controlling factor in all her scuba experience! He keeps lying like this and I'm going to start thinking he's guilty!

Bowlofpetunias, I have been promised a copy of the show by the producer of 20/20, but then, I was also told that I was in the show! In any case, I would be happy to give you a copy when back in Sydney. Perhaps Theo/Lorraine could arrange a meeting!

As to Gabe not knowing Tina had not been in the ocean, Gabe was not permitted to attend Tina's training. This was the instructor's policy. Gabe dived in the ocean with his instructor within 2 weeks of finishing his course. Perhaps he assumed she also did this, but as they were engaged by then, you would think this had been discussed. In his first interview with police in Queensland, Gabe says he thinks Tina had dived in the ocean. His story has been consistent on this matter from day 1.

Back
Top Bottom