EPL-3....What do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great info.. Quite a list general po!! I bet your card needs a rest! I will look into the E-PM1 I don't really need the tilt/view finder. Thank you for input... I didn't know they had leak detectors so I will look at those as well.

one quick point on strobes.

If you get the olympus case you can either go with a oly strobe or you can go with any other random strobe. The reason I bring this up is the cameras support a wireless ttl via the flash when using oly cameras and oly flashes. The advantage is a much shorter refresh time. At full output you are looking at 6+ seconds, but with you are only limited by the flash.

The "gotcha" is that this feature only comes with the ufl-2 or ufl-1 and they are not quite as optimized/powerful as the comparable units in similar price range.

BTW if you want more confusion, go check out the om-d. Thats the new oly camera, coming out in april. :)
If price is no barrier, you could get two ufl-2s or one ufl-2 and one ys-d01 or ikelite or whtever.

If you get a case by another vendor some of them have a built in TTL converter to work with their own branded strobes. That is a great option as well but MUCH more expensive.

It's a good question - the answer is no. You can only attach wet lenses to the stock flat port with the 67mm threads.

one quick point on strobes.

The "gotcha" is that this feature only comes with the ufl-2 or ufl-1 and they are not quite as optimized/powerful as the comparable units in similar price range.

Only UFL-2 supports Rc mode.

BTW it is possible to use Oly macro wet lens converter on a zen dome. Someone here did that and it worked out fine. There is a thread about is

Ok I just ordered the camera with the OLY housing and Ys-01 strobes! I also got the zen dome and the OLY 9-18mm. Just need to get a couple wet macro lenses and a the Panasonic 8mm fisheye!!! I also have to find a case to carry all my stuff and my hubby's new Hero2 video set up!!! Belize and Komodo here I come!!

To go slightly off topic, what do you think of the airport?

I haven't used it yet, I got it early for a trip to Poor Knights in April and Niue in August. That said everything will fit in it - it would hold a laptop as well but that would put me overweight for flying. The front section will also be good for travel documents etc. What sold it for me was the fact that it zips all the way around and opens like a suitcase so you don't have to take everything out to get to the thing at the bottom. It's designed to be lightweight but it does look to be well made. It'll certainly be up to carrying 5.4kg (the bag is 1.6 and most airlines out of here have a 7kg cabin limit). Shoulder strap padding looks thin but that will be to minimise weight. Also has a top and side padded suitcase type handle and a cable and lock thingy to secure your laptop. Endless ways to configure the velcro and padded fabric inner workings or you could remove the lot. Max inside depth is approx 6.25 inches.

Ok I just ordered the camera with the OLY housing and Ys-01 strobes! I also got the zen dome and the OLY 9-18mm. Just need to get a couple wet macro lenses and a the Panasonic 8mm fisheye!!! I also have to find a case to carry all my stuff and my hubby's new Hero2 video set up!!! Belize and Komodo here I come!!

Hope you post photos when you get back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom