A Little Bragging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Master Scuba Diver, eh? What's that?

It means you gave them a lot more money then if you just stayed with your open water cert. If you don't believe it is about the money then why all the "Going Pro" materiel?

Oh ya congrats on the new cert.

It means you gave them a lot more money then if you just stayed with your open water cert. If you don't believe it is about the money then why all the "Going Pro" materiel?

no need to rain on the parade, Master Scuba Diver is a great accomplishment.

And people wonder why some folks quit coming on here. You are in the basic scuba folder and just outright insulted someone on something they are proud of. Good job there buddy.

I suppose it does mean I gave them more money. But I believe it's for a good cause. I think Master Diver means I went through the extra effort to learn how to become a better diver. I didn't choose useless specialty courses, I chose ones that help a lot. (Peak buoyancy, enriched air, wreck diver, etc) and I took my rescue diver which was well worth the cost. So I learned a lot for my money. I gained a lot of experience, and I worked hard for this certification. So money well spent. Thank you everyone for all the congrats!

no need to rain on the parade, Master Scuba Diver is a great accomplishment.

No rain here, just stating the obvious to a question that was asked.

And people wonder why some folks quit coming on here. You are in the basic scuba folder and just outright insulted someone on something they are proud of. Good job there buddy.

Well thanks for the praise "BUDDY". I hate to say it but to the agencys all the titles mean is more revenue. The "going pro" pamphlets just prove it.

I suppose it does mean I gave them more money. But I believe it's for a good cause. I think Master Diver means I went through the extra effort to learn how to become a better diver. I didn't choose useless specialty courses, I chose ones that help a lot. (Peak buoyancy, enriched air, wreck diver, etc) and I took my rescue diver which was well worth the cost. So I learned a lot for my money. I gained a lot of experience, and I worked hard for this certification. So money well spent. Thank you everyone for all the congrats!

I'm sorry if you took my response the wrong way because that is not how I meant it. Trust me I to have spent way more money on certs than I care to recall. It is a great accomplishment but what really maters is what goes on in the water and not what the card says. Always keep practicing.

Congrats on the certification!!! I know PADI is money oriented, but that doesn't overshadow your accomplishment!!!

So....what's next??????

So....what's next??????

According to PADI? Dive master. Sorry had to.

I would just go dive for fun for a while. and when you get board or get the urge to take another class I would suggest an into tech class like ADV,nitrox/deco procedures. That is where I found they really put an emphasis on honing your skills. The GUE fundies class looks interesting, I have no interest in perusing higher level GUE classes but fundies looks like it would be great just to hone skills.

congrats and enjoy your dives... theirs a whole lot more to dive :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom