Gas Switch Block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're using the Kirby Morgan as well with just some slight differences in the connections.

Coming in we've got the main and pony both with the check valve, however the pony has a quick-disconnect so it can be separated and given away or replaced with a fresh one if your stuck.

On the out-port side we're just goign the the mask. Our dry-suit connection is still off of the main regulator.

The Octo - comes straight off the regulator from the pony bottle, so if we have to give the pony, we can give them the octo and use the quick disconnect from the block, and pop the pins from the pack and leave it behind.

We are running the Omni switchblock, don't have that many dives on them and have had one issue. One of our guys got lots of mud in the end and around the switch itself. It was almost impossible to turn the knob and seemed to get tighter the more we tried. A good cleaning and it was good to go again.
Fortunately we use a tender checklist and the problem was identified and rectified before an issue arose.

Warning! I Wouldn't use the Omni switchblock. We're returning ours as three of the nine we purchased have failed.

Three of the blocks have seized up with no way of moving the knob.

We're wanting the Kirby Morgans. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on cost per unit? I'm on my mobile and away from a computer. Thanks

If possible, Dive Rescue International would appreciate an opportunity to bid on the Kirby Moran units. Dive Rescue International has been a distributor of these products for a number of years and would like to offer governement pricing to your team. Please contact BRIAN DERRINGTON at 800-248-3483.

Tank you in advnce for your consideration.

Fraternally,

Blades Robinson

Warning! I Wouldn't use the Omni switchblock. We're returning ours as three of the nine we purchased have failed.

Three of the blocks have seized up with no way of moving the knob.

We're wanting the Kirby Morgans. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on cost per unit? I'm on my mobile and away from a computer. Thanks

You mean there is something else? Kirby Morgan!

we use these

EXO® Manifold Block Part # 300-150, # 300-155. # 300-145
Click image to enlarge
The Manifold Block Assembly provides a control point for your bailout supply when using a light weight full face mask like the EXO® Mask®. It is equipped with four low pressure outlets and a check valve. It is available with a 9/16" O2 fitting or a #6 JIC fitting, or a standard scuba fitting.
9/16" O2 fitting, Part # 300-150
#6 JIC fitting, Part # 300-155
Standard scuba fitting, Part # 300-145

Click image to enlarge
The Manifold Block Assembly provides a control point for your bailout supply when using a light weight full face mask like the EXO® Mask®. It is equipped with four low pressure outlets and a check valve. It is available with a 9/16" O2 fitting or a #6 JIC fitting, or a standard scuba fitting.

Kirby Morgan Dive Systems | Support | Accessories | EXO-BR

Any suggestions on a good way to mount a Kirby manifold block on you harness? How are you guys settin it up?

Send me a PM with an email address and I can send you some pics. A couple of our guys designed, tested, revamped and patented a method to attach the block to a harness but still allow you to separate your regs from the BC for storage.

Thanks ditch-diver. I sent you a PM. Any help you can provide, will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom