CSSP - 3/10 The Quest for the GoPro Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He let me use his hood when we went diving also and that thing is warm :)

LOL....I'm on a secret mission to convert folks over to Waterproof Hoods! :eyebrow:

In all seriousness, as long as I'm not using it, my dive buddies are welcome to use my stuff....and those who have been out with me know that I'm a redundant diver, i.e. I bring a lot of stuff. If I'm going to drive over an hour to dive somewhere, I'm going to dive unless I suffer multiple failures.

Back to the hoods: I have Pinnacle, Bare, and have tried Dive Rite hoods....but the first time I put on a Waterproof hood, I bought it....then I bought another. So far, I'm 3 for 3 on people liking them, including me.

Cyp

That hood was warm... and comfortable... very stretchy! Youtube had trouble accepting my 30 minute file last night... I'm not sure if they're having issues or my Windows 8 Beta is having issues, or a combination of both. I did manage to get the shorter of the two videos uploaded. In this 54-second cinematic masterpiece, you'll see shadows, blackness, some brilliantly-subdued emerald green vignettes, a flashlight spot or two, and what I believe is a glimpse of the sailboat mast before the dramatic cutaway to the outline of my mask strap buckle. Accompanying the unequalled cinematography, you'll discover a soundtrack sure to please any audiophile. [video=youtube_share;8lkHW96Lzrw]http://youtu.be/8lkHW96Lzrw[/video] I'm uploading the first video now and will post a link as soon as it is ready.

Haha the description was far more poignant than the video haha. Thanks for sharing though.

Are you using a blur fix, if so which one and thoughts?

Tejas

That hood was warm... and comfortable... very stretchy! Youtube had trouble accepting my 30 minute file last night... I'm not sure if they're having issues or my Windows 8 Beta is having issues, or a combination of both. I did manage to get the shorter of the two videos uploaded. In this 54-second cinematic masterpiece, you'll see shadows, blackness, some brilliantly-subdued emerald green vignettes, a flashlight spot or two, and what I believe is a glimpse of the sailboat mast before the dramatic cutaway to the outline of my mask strap buckle. Accompanying the unequalled cinematography, you'll discover a soundtrack sure to please any audiophile. [video=youtube_share;8lkHW96Lzrw]http://youtu.be/8lkHW96Lzrw[/video] I'm uploading the first video now and will post a link as soon as it is ready.

LOL....this makes me realize how little light the Go Pro gathers. I thought these were f/2.8 aperture? Granted it was overcast and raining at certain times, but it wasn't dark.

That settles it for me, I'm buying the tray, arms and light setup for my Go Pro....whenever I get off my lazy backside and actually pull it out of the box.

I need to go to the video forum here on SB and do a little research as to what folks are using, but this is the housing I think I'll be going with: http://www.backscatter.com/sku/bs-gpuw.lasso

And, I'm thinking about this for lighting as I really don't want to spend $500 for a light setup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Underwater-...344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4843370ff0

Cyp

We could build that ourselves for far less. Just a thought!

Tejas

We could build that ourselves for far less. Just a thought!

Tejas

I agree on the second item! :)

I will probably pay the higher amount for the housing because I like the way they attach the blur-fix and I have the LCD on my camera. I'm not saying they are the only ones that do this, but they are the first that I've found. I'll look around. :)

Cyp

Cyprian...is the Texas flag still on top of the Eagle at CSSP?

I did not see it. That said, this was my first trip on the North end of the park and I was still working on my weighting (still over-weighted), so I dropped down the buoy line to the top of the plane and, after adjusting buoyancy and fixing my "octo" that had popped out of it's holder, I swam around the plane.

The flag very well could be there, I just didn't spent much time on the top of the plane. (Something to look for next time!)

Congratulations on finding the camera so quickly that is great. It is not the first gopro to slip off the head and go diving on its own you will probably want to attach it to something with a short cord so it can't get down in the weeds and hide or head to the bottom of the ocean. I video the classes I help with and use the chest strap, not as handy as the head strap but at least it stays with me.

Back
Top Bottom