CSSP (3/17) - Anyone going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, the TSD forum is a little "slow" so I figured I would ask the question: Who's going to CSSP on Saturday?

I had originally planned to go, until I was informed of a B-day party in the afternoon for my niece. I am still tempted to make the morning trek, grab a dive or two, and then return. I just don't know if I want to drive that distance only for a short dive day. :)

I recently (Tuesday of this week) changed over to my BP/W and long hose config with can light, etc. and got in a nice pool training dive with Gillty. That said, I really want to dive this weekend...lol. It's a constant battle "Go or not, go or not?"

Anyway, the last dive I was using my steel tanks (LP85 and HP100) and dropped to 20lbs of lead, then 18lbs and I was still too heavy (DUI TLS, approx 300g undergarments, layered 250g undergarment with Cabelas ECWCS Polartecs). So I want to go to 16 next, which is going to be nice with my SS backplate and weighted sta, as I may only need a couple pounds on each side.

If I don't make it, and someone on here does, please post the water temp. With nightly lows in the 60's and highs close to 80 this week, I am curious to see how much it warms up and I know the brave wetsuit divers on here are just waiting for temps to close in on 60F.

Safe dives,

Cyp

I was planning on going either Sat afternoon or Sunday.

I was there the 1st weekend in Feb and the temp was an even 50 degrees. Surely it has warmed up some.

I was planning on going either Sat afternoon or Sunday.

I was there the 1st weekend in Feb and the temp was an even 50 degrees. Surely it has warmed up some.

Bcleatus,

Welcome!

The three times I've been out this year the temps were 50-52 (late Jan), 54-56 (late Feb), and still 54-56 last weekend.

Are you diving dry, or wet? :)

Probably wet. I was pretty comfortable in a 7 mil when it was 50.

I picked up a used drysuit and I would like to try it out, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find some woolies and an inflator by this weekend.

Probably wet. I was pretty comfortable in a 7 mil when it was 50.

I picked up a used drysuit and I would like to try it out, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find some woolies and an inflator by this weekend.

Just throwing this out there: Scubatoys, Lone Star Scuba and some of the other shops will have inflator hoses. I mention those two because I know they have them.

Undergarments: Scubatoys will have some in stock, but there is always Cabela's. :)

Cyp

Cabela's.......now there's an idea.

Let me know if you decide to head that way this weekend

Hopefully I'll be diving the Flower Gardens, but Sunday is looking a little iffy. If that doesn't go down, I'll check back in here and would be down for that Saturday or Sunday.

Good luck on that Flower Gardens trip. If it doesn't pan out and you go to the lake let me know.

Last edited:
I might be up for a dive Saturday, gotta get approval from the doctor tomorrow!

Tejas

I will be out there the weekend of the 31st and 1st but I will be doing a lot of class work... something about a divemaster class map and open water observations or something like that.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom