Bonaire Newbie - Budget Place to Stay and Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroad,
never had that issue at the black durgon. always took what i needed but that was no more than two each. love the place. love the dive right off the dock too. will be back this march for two weeks. have not been to black durgon however for last couple of years so maybe crime is more of an issue but i doubt it. Al is not monitoring the tanks taken unless things have changed. Unless Al says otherwise I'd take it as a guide line rather than a rule. enjoy.

Well I am no expert but in 10-12 trips never heard of Man of War jelly's on bonaire.

From this link on The Bonaire Insider, posted May 15, 2011:

20110515-MofW.jpg

Note that the article said the presence of the jellies resulted from a wind reversal which is fairly uncommon. The jellys would not be present without sustained winds from the northwest (they are usually from the east) at the same time of year that the jellys are abundant in the surrounding waters.

Back
Top Bottom