Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax, most of us dont need a cooling off period. Both divers knew better and im sure that ow diver was told and saw signs not to go in. This is what happens when rules are broke and you dive beyond your skills. People need to start listening to more experienced people.

I agree. Sigh. :(

So shoot me for urging temperance . . . :wink:

One more thing. I think Kelly is probably right. I Inevitable a dive there a few weeks ago for trimix as the weather forced us there. The long restricion going to the deep section has seen lots of traffic lately. If the McDaniel aren't responsible for this one, it wont be long before they are for one.

Jax, most of us dont need a cooling off period. Both divers knew better and im sure that ow diver was told and saw signs not to go in. This is what happens when rules are broke and you dive beyond your skills. People need to start listening to more experienced people.
so what has happened? did some OW divers go in looking for him or something? did someone else drown?

so what has happened? did some OW divers go in looking for him or something? did someone else drown?

:shocked:

Mikey late to the party?!?!???!??!?? OMG . . ..

An OW perished at Ginnie on Sunday. A Full Cave Diver, solo, died in Vortex Sat night, and was recovered Sunday. :(

:shocked: Mikey late to the party?!?!???!??!?? OMG . . .. An OW perished at Ginnie on Sunday. A Full Cave Diver, solo, died in Vortex Sat night, and was recovered Sunday. :(
ahhh..... you're right... didn't know. EDIT: found it. saw it earlier but just thought it was a trip report by the title of "Vortex 3-18-12". DIdn't realize it was in A&I

++++1

The "Disappeared" program includes a small amount of Jill Heinerth's video shot at Vortex while she and Paul conducted an independent search for Ben McDaniel. Any other footage that appears in this TV program, I have no idea where or when it was shot, but it is not by Jill. Our documentary film, "Ben's Vortex" is completely independent of the "Disappeared" program. Our only connection to "Disappeared" is the HD Vortex footage we licensed to them. (And, some of our friends and colleagues appear in both.) We have not seen the "Disappeared" episode.
We expect to release "Ben's Vortex" sometime in summer of 2012.

Saw the Disappeared episode tonight. Only "new" item was the folding shovel at the far end. Ben's shovel, or someone elses?

Saw the Disappeared episode tonight. Only "new" item was the folding shovel at the far end. Ben's shovel, or someone elses?
Same here. That was a new bit of info I don't remember reading about. Does anyone else recall reading/hearing about that before? Appears Jill H. and team found it?

Yep --- Looked awfully clean for something that has been sitting in a cave for 8 months. No cave snot.

Someone looked awesome as he swam through the gate!!!

Eduardo uses a full-sized shovel to clear out some of the main passages.

1. Did that shovel look like it had sat in there undisturbed for 8 months?
  2. Even it it was Ben's shovel, where is the rest of his gear, surely something else would have been knocked loose?
  3. Even it it was Ben's shovel, who says he didn't leave it back there a week before he disappeared?
  4. Jill, WITH a camera got back further than Edd without a camera?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom