DUI TLS350 or Whites Fusion???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto for me except I use Whites boots. They have much more support and are more like wearing hiking shoes. DUI's boots are like wearing a piece of canvas with a sole.

Do you find any issues with ankle mobility? I have read that some people found using a rockboot or Evo3 restricted the mobility of there ankle during finning?

I have also read that if you are muscular then cave cut is not for you? Can anyone comment on this? I prefer the suit pretty snug on my but I want to be able to turn those valves on my back too. I ride the line on suit squeeze if you know what I mean.

Another + for SANTI. I would recommend either the E. Lite or Espace,! The cut and how they lay their panels is the same on all their suits.

Any recommendations on these Options?

Halcyon Exploration Pockets ? Huge Halcyon fan, but SANTI pockets are even nicer on the E. Lite, the pockets on all the SANTI suit are stock and work great

Halcyon Balanced P-Valve ? YES!! A must on Drysuits

Cloverleaf crotch pad ? Not needed

CF200 Kneepads? - Stock Kevlar on SANTI E. Lite - Some suits don't have them, shouldn't be on our knees. LOL

CF200 ButtPad? - Not needed, even when I dove a TLS350, back in the day!

DUI Rockboots? - SANTI Flex sole boots rock (already attached to suit, one less thing to forget), great flexibility which is what you need for advanced finning techniques

"Cave Cut"? - Absolutely, No Way!!

Santi E-Lite with halcyon balanced p-valve. I road the Fusion Bullet rodeo (It's for sale). Didn't like it. Go with a properly fitted trilam. I wanted the best for warm to cold water temps and compared the Flx-Extreme to the Santi E-lite. Choose the Santi E-Lite and I couldn't be happier. Seriously.....I'm that happy with this suit.

ntxdiver:6270272:
Ive had my 350 for a few years now and I love it. I have not had any other suits so I cant compare but my DUI does just what I bought it for. If I needed another drysuit I would get another DUI.

Ditto for me except I use Whites boots. They have much more support and are more like wearing hiking shoes. DUI's boots are like wearing a piece of canvas with a sole.

I agree. I dont like the Rock Boots. When its time for a new set I will get another type.

I have the FLX Extreme. I love the suit. I got it with the DUI pockets that are like the Halcyon ones. The only issue I had with the suit is the Halcyon Pee valve which leaks when it not connected.

Also I got the black on black that your talking about and like the way it looks a lot.

ok....I am in the market for a drysuit also....my first......you all gave good comments and input......but now I'm more confused than ever.....LOL!!

I have two TLSs, and my next suit will be an FLX. Its only a little heavier and only a bit more expensive, but the fit and durability make it worth it. Save for a little while longer and get the FLX, you won't be disappointed. 3 or 4 of my dive buddies have FLXs and love them.

Don't bother with the cloverleaf or buttpad. They just put more holes in your suit and don't really do a whole lot in the long run.

For those of you with the SANTI Elite suit. What undergarments do you wear under them? SANTI brand? Do you have an option of getting a low profile air valve vs a high profile?

Back
Top Bottom