Flex Extreme Zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kamper

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a Flex Extreme drysuit this year. I tried a number of suits at one of your Dog Day demos last year and one future I liked was the Quick Zip design. It made it a lot easier for me to start the zipper. My LDS tells me that it is not available on the Flex Extreme. Is this true? I would expect your newest suit would incorporate your newer zipper design as an option (if not standard).

That would be true, at least according to the DUI website. I find it hard to believe that DUI couldn't make a special production FLX Extreme for you with the QZ. But again their website only mentions the classic zipper design. I would simply email or call DUI and ask them. You can email them on Scubaboard in the DUI manufacturer's subforum. Kathy will respond to your question promptly.

Hi Kamper,

Please stand by... I am checking with the office. (I actually work off-site and am not in the San Diego office. We have all sorts of combinations that are not 'stock' but are possible. Checking to see what the options are here).

Thank you,

Kathy

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Hi Kamper,

Thank you for coming to the DUI Demo event and seeing what DUI you liked best! Obviously it was a combination of the suits which is very common. That is why DUI specializes in having the greatest range of styles of any drysuit designer/manufacturer.

When we introduced the FLX EXTREME, it was designed to be a unique suit. We wanted to have features as standard on this suit that made it different than the others because we believed, at the time, this suit was primarily for divers (many of them technical) who already owned a TLS350. Because our classic zipper is very popular amongst these divers, we chose it to be standard on the FLX EXTREME. And that is how it is designed in our computerized order processing system.

Can we make a FLX EXTREME with a QuickZip design? We sure can. It will take additional special handling as we are not automatically set up to do this. Therefore there will be an additional fee of $150 to do this.

Could you please e-mail Michael Mino at DUI so that we can coordinate this directly with your dealer. He will need the dealers name that you plan on ordering this through so that we can make this happen. Please e-mail him at Mike@DUI-Online.com.

Thank you!!!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom