Your favorite bonaire restaurant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lions Den closed March 2011. Catch Kirks awesome burger and ceviche at Den Laman, Sunset Grill - huge menu, huge portions. Good eats - Mona Lisa and Wils. Pricing is I would expect in Philadelphia, New York City, Boston or DC, ymmv. Mona Lisa often has a 3 course pre fixe around $45 and a nice wine selection. Catch many of the local business folks at the bar for Dutch snacks - appetizers. Never seem to make it to Bistro Paris or Patagonia or Papaya Moon but they are well reviewed by other friends.

Reasonable - Rum Runners at Capt Don's - large menu - sandwiches, salads, pizza through really nice entrees - Boka Stoba. Casablanca - mixed grill, ask them to cook it medium (they tend to overcook), serves 2 for dinner with enough left overs for a couple more lunches, unless you are a really really big eater $45. Includes pork, ribs, chix, steak, sausage brought out on a hibatchi, piled high with meat.

Cheap - Le-Ma-Se in Rincon. Hit a northern dive site, then drive thru Rincon taking 'the long way home' for lunch. Go see Norman - he is a trip! Great homemade milkshakes, yummy dried salt cod with potato (it's a Dutch thing), sandwiches. Plan to spend a lot of time there, I mean a lot, a lot. KFC is on island as well - a bucket goes a long way and and KFC serves beer! (Though I miss their waterfront location) Cactus Blue - never really impressed.

Make reservations - everywhere, it is expected and appreciated. Trust me on this, you will get the best tables and service. (Stories I can tell about this!) Besides, Wils and Mona Lisa are often booked full. You are on island time, relax, enjoy. Ask for the check, it will not be dropped off at your table. Bring bug spray to dinner, scratch that, bring bug spray everywhere. Check to see if service charge/tip has been added to bill already.

We were there over Thanksgiving. Our top 3 were Wil's (dinner), Bistro de Paris (both lunch and dinner), BobbyJans (weekends only). For inexpensive lunch, we like Elle's Deli (great sandwiches)!

Wil's, Cactus Blue, Casablanca - but's it's really hard to pick just three. If I were allowed five, I'd add Sunset Grill and Capriccio, but I've also had amazing meals at Patagonia, It Rains Fishes, Mona Lisa, Pasa Bon, Bambu, and even Rum Runners at Capt. Don's, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. What I didn't get was Richard's. Nice setting to be sure, but the food was basically mediocre.

Best lunch, Roses in rincone, she has some special hours and only takes cash but worth it.

Best pizza, fish pizza at the traffic light.

All the other places on the island are good if you get fish, but never cheap, food is the other half of the vacation cost bring lots and no worries.

Maybe will have a better answer after we get back in April.

I think Wil's is drifting to the top of the list, and is my choice also, though "At Sea" was outstanding on our last trip (Sept 2011). If Wil has smoked marlin anything, get it.

I like the Friday night BBQ at Buddy dive.

Some of the other resorts do the same thing on different nights...

I like the Friday night BBQ at Buddy dive.

We went there, but didn't have reservations so we didn't try it. I wouldn't think you'd need reservations for a BBQ, but you do. It's popular.

We did get to enjoy the rum punch. :)

PH

Another good one actually is the restaurant at the butterfly garden. The food is great, sitting on the patio with a beer and a bite on a hot sunny day is very nice. Super relaxing. I wish I could remember the name of the cook there, she did a wonderful job.

Best lunch. Donna and Giorgios (new smaller location just north of town). They are open for lunch but serve dinner on Fri only. If you want dinner get reservations early.

We like El Mundo for dinner, steaks and schnitzel with mushroom sauce are great. Incredibles has nice pasta dishes.

I won't go back to Pasta bon pizza. Food was mediocre at best. It is inexpenive though.

Catcus Blue great steaks/grilled meats.

The dive resorts have OK food if you are in a hurry grab a sandwich or pizza. Most have terrific views.

Can't wait for another trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom