Full-footed fin recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemaster86

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any recommendations on a pair of full-fitted split fits? I was hoping Apollo made the Biofin in a full footed model, but it looks like they only have open heel. I wear a women's size 8.5. Thanks!

Yeah, I have seen the full footed biofins, but I think they may be discontinued now. Everywhere I look says "out of stock" and they are no longer on Apollo's website. Any idea on where I can get them (or something similar)?

It depends how desperately you want them. I'm a big fan. I got a couple of extras (xl) very cheaply when they were discontinued a few years ago because they are the best and by far the most comfortable full foot fin I've ever used. One of the few smart things I've done during the 21st century. They are very, very heavy, a drawback when traveling, but otherwise they are a joy. I think there are a few dealers in Australia (!) that still have them. An extreme solution, but they are no longer available in the US, unless you find a used pair. Good luck.

Any recommendations on a pair of full-fitted split fits? I was hoping Apollo made the Biofin in a full footed model, but it looks like they only have open heel. I wear a women's size 8.5. Thanks!

I have a pair of Apollo full-foot Bio Fins Uni, which I use for snorkelling in the North Sea off the North east coast of England. Excellent fins. Apollo's Biofin Uni split Full Foot Fins are now manufactured and distributed by Gull Marine Sports of Japan. One excellent source of Gull's rubber full foot fins, including Bio Fin Unis, is Marinetone, based in Hong Kong:

GULL-bio-fin uni - Marinetone Scuba Diving Gears

I've ordered Gull Mew fins from them and they were shipped to England within a couple of days, a delivery speed few British retailers could match. I see they stock the Unis in a choice of three colours: pink, blue and yellow.

+1 for Atomic split fins. And they are relatively light. I travel with mine all the time.

+1 on the Atomic also. Especially with the new smoke version. In my freediving days I used the Mares and Cressi fullfoots.

i did my OW in full foot fins. and ended up with brutal blisters on the back of my heel that are still scarred now months after. So make sure they are comfortable and fit or maybe those dive socks or something. plus shore diving usually you will walk on unstable ground and rocks. so unless you are boat diving 100%, then go boots and open heel.

Back
Top Bottom