HOG 32 LBS Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do any of you dive your HOG 32# with a STA? I know you don't have to, but I personally prefer the STA. Some of the opinions I've read previously have resulted in me not purchasing one as I'm not interested in changing anything on my kit other than the inflatable layer bolted between the two pieces of SS that I enjoy.

I only use an STA so that my tank doesn't scratch.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I am a huge supporter of HOG. Chris provide great customer service. I had some issues with my wings not holding their pressure. he replaced them no questions asked.

I have two 32#'s and one 38#.

II am a huge supporter of HOG. Chris provide great customer service.

I'm also a huge fan of their regulators. I have their doubles wings and they work just fine. I've been less than satisfied with the customer service lately, unfortunately. I've had issues with three SPGs now in rapid succession and Chris has been very slow to return emails (read: he hasn't returned any emails for two months while I've been encountering this problem). I know it's BTS and dive show season, so I'm hoping he's just busy.

Overall, very happy with the gear. Having some trouble with the gauges at the moment, but I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually.

It's good to know someone is using this with STA. I might pick one up to try it.

I don't use a STA. The "cords" built into the wing keep the tank in place for me (for the most part). Every now and then the tank will get a little crooked, but it's easily fixed above or below water if it bothers me enough.

I picked up a STA for mine in hope that it would offset a little more weight from my belt. I'm still testing that theory.

I picked up a STA for mine in hope that it would offset a little more weight from my belt. I'm still testing that theory.
I picked-up a oxycheq weighted 6lb sta for our cold sd diving & with my 7mil wetsuit & steel 100, I only need an additional total of 4 lbs in cam band trim pockets to sink..:d​

Well, in my opinion, the Hog single tank wings are too wide. They are well made and high quality, but there are much better designs out there for single tank wings IMO.

I'm also a huge fan of their regulators. I have their doubles wings and they work just fine. I've been less than satisfied with the customer service lately, unfortunately. I've had issues with three SPGs now in rapid succession and Chris has been very slow to return emails (read: he hasn't returned any emails for two months while I've been encountering this problem). I know it's BTS and dive show season, so I'm hoping he's just busy.

Overall, very happy with the gear. Having some trouble with the gauges at the moment, but I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually .It's good to know someone is using this with STA. I might pick one up to try it.
Off topic but what is your dealer saying about the gauges? Going through them is usually quicker. And this really is an issue your dealer can handle.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Off topic but what is your dealer saying about the gauges? Going through them is usually quicker. And this really is an issue your dealer can handle.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I went to them initially, they looped me in via email with Chris. Chris had promised to solve the problem, but that was in mid-Jan. That was after the first one failed. I haven't even sought out any satisfaction on the other two.

Like I said, I'm sure he's just busy and I have others I can use, so it's not a pressing issue. Just one that's dragging a bit. I don't want to cast any sort of pall on the HOG brand, I'm very satisfied with everything I've owned of theirs (including the SPGs, right up until they started breaking).

I'll continue to support the brand as well, but I probably won't buy any more gauges after these...

Back
Top Bottom