Diving off Cozumel from PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello ! We organise at Ecodiving Tour Cozumel dives ! We use the ferry, indeed, it's way safer and shorter, only 45 minutes from Playa to Cozumel. Once we get there, everything is organised for your dive !

Help me understand the "safer and shorter" part... Last November I dove with Tank Ha solely because they go to Coz direct and I didn't want to spend an entire day away from wife and friends. Leave at 8:30ish and back by 12:30-1:00. Go directly to dive site, you (i.e. the group on the boat) decides the dive sites.

I've done the ferry option two or three times previously. Leave about the same time, transfer to the Coz dive shops pick up boat, go to Coz dive shop to pick up the rest of the guests, Coz dive shop decides what sites to dive. While the DM I went with and I got to dive our own plan it was limited to 45 minutes so they could stay on schedule - we (the DM took the heat) got bitched at after every first dive because we were first in and last out each dive. Every 2nd dive has been on Paradise reef, I'm sure they do others but not on the trips I've done. Then back to the shop for lunch, back on the boat to get dropped off at ferry pier and wait for ferry. Back in Playa somewhere between 3-4PM best case, many times later. That's "safer and shorter"?

Hello Cubascuba2012. We are a local dive shop located in the heart of Playa Del Carmen called Scuba 10. You can see our website at Scuba10. We would be happy to arrange the dives for you in Cozumel. We can offer you a preferred rate that is actually more affordable than if you went thru the dive shop direct in Cozumel! We partner with a shop in Cozumel that has more than 30 years of dive experience. The preferred price is $85 USD, with equipment included. This price is for a 2 tank dive as well as lunch aboard one of 2 very spacious dive boats. You can see photos of the boats here. One of the nice things about going with this option is that the groups are small, no more than 6-8 divers and you have the option of personalizing the dive by choosing the sites. Please let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to contact us via email at diveplayainfo@yahoo.com.

Hola, rongoodman! When will you be in PDC? I'm trying to arrange two Coz trips with Tank-Ha either May 1,2,3 or 4, but they tell me that they need at least 6 divers to make the crossing.

My reservation is for Monday, April 30. My understanding is that the Monday trips always go, other days require a minimum number of divers. I will be in the caves for the rest of the trip, so I won't be able to help you make your numbers.

Just back from Playa, the Monday trip to Coz went off without a hitch. We did dives off the Santa Rosa wall and Paradise reef. Very smooth crossing on the way over, a little bumpier on the way back, but no problem. Well organized operation, I'll dive with them again on days off from the caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom