Oxycheq light sock.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fr8dawg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What are the light diameters for each of the oxycheq light sock models? I have a Hollis Led 3 torch and would like a light sock, but have no idea what size light sock to get.

The 3 sizes of light socks are: "universal" a "Raider 1&2" and a "Raider 3&4". Which one will fit a 2" diameter light such as the Hollis Led 3?

I tried the Universal, it's Velcro adjustable and will fit a large variety of light sizes including square shapes....Just found it to be too bulky and ended up making my own...Still have.......

The pictures I have seen show the universal to be rather bulky as well... would the other 2 sizes fit a light with a 2" diameter?

Although I haven't tried I would think not, the Hollis is too fat. I own a light with similar dimensions used the universal sock but found it to be unwieldy and gave up on the idea. What about the BigBlue light sock? I'm not sure of its dimensions but maybe worth a further look. Good luck with the search.

I use a 'universal' with a range of torches, the biggest being an Aquastar 5w. It fits that c-cell torch easily and holds it securely enough.

I like it. I don't find it particularly bulky, but it does stay snug across my hand and I don't need to 'grip' it at all.

Reactions: Jax
BTW, what do folks do with the thin cord loop on the Universal Oxycheq sock? What is it for?

You can see it on the left in this picture sticking out from the edge.
OLL-20-04_02.jpg

I would hook my bolt snap into that loop (bolt snap is hooked to the back of my light)

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

ok, I got the universal light sock inbound. I will post here once I try it out with my light

Just a quick update. Get the Universal light sock today... it fits the Hollis LED3 perfectly! its almost like the light scok was meant to be used with this light! Ill get some pics up soon. This is a nearly perfect recreational light system for those that dont "need" or want to spend the money on a canister light!

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 07:30 PM ----------

Untitled by flyNdive02, on Flickr

As you can see, since this light is so short, it wont interfere with wrist movement as some longer lights will. This is something that I really like about this light in a lightsock.

"First person" shot. One thing to add, it is the tail cap that turns the light on/off and I can turn it on/off with one hand while its in the light sock. Something other people have trouble with other lights mounted in a sock.

And thats it!

FYI, this light measures 5.78 in by 1.97 in. So anyone with a similar or larger light would be well served with the Universal light sock. Cant wait to take this thing diving tomorrow!

As for the performance of this light, it is a powerful torch! Hollis advertises that the center hot spot is 8* and it puts out 230 lumens. Its like a laser beam underwater and is plenty powerful for most recreational divers. I use it during the day to look under stuff and as a primary at night in mostly clear tropical waters. I would not hesitate to use this light as a primary for pretty much any open water diving. Its worth a look if youre in the market for a dive light! And with the light sock, its one heck of a system for a little more than $100.

Last edited:
Any further comments regarding the LED 3? With twist to turn on/off have you had any hesitations with flooding?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom