DUI neckseal replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave, perhaps I missed it in your posting, if so forgive me. Where did you get the seal you used?

Randy,

I get my seals from Inland Divers, a well-respected dive shop and major wetsuit and drysuit repair facility in Leicester, MA.

They have a great reputation and many other dive shops and individuals send work to them.

I just called Paul Bazinet, Inland Divers' shop manager, for permission to post this.

He said he would be happy to sell seals to DIY'ers from ScubaBoard and elsewhere.

Their current price for DUI-type latex seals:
  • Latex neck seal -- $34.00 each
  • Latex wrist seal -- $15.20 each
Their shipping is very reasonable.

Orders could be placed most efficiently by calling Inland Divers at:

(508) 892-3323

INLAND DIVERS - http://inlandivers.com

Ero Sundstrom is the owner and Paul Bazinet is the manager. Great guys!

Disclaimer: I am merely an appreciative customer of Inland Divers and do not personally benefit from posting this recommendation.

Good luck, Randy! Let us know how you do.

Dave C

Looking back at your pics, I see that your zipper could use a bit of attention.
It's time to singe the stray threads off, it'll slow down the deterioration a bit. Take a tiny scissors & carefully nip the longer ones off & then run a lighter past the rest.
That's not a factory installed zipper, is it?

Looking back at your pics, I see that your zipper could use a bit of attention.
It's time to singe the stray threads off, it'll slow down the deterioration a bit. Take a tiny scissors & carefully nip the longer ones off & then run a lighter past the rest.
That's not a factory installed zipper, is it?

Thanks, Bob, but those threads weren't so bad, were they? I usually only burn off the ones long enough to cause trouble! :D

The zipper in the pics was the original installed by the factory. What seemed unusual?

Anyway, those threads got burned off at some point later and, in my first-ever DIY zipper replacement a few months ago, the zipper was replaced with an identical BDM zipper, but glued in, not sewn in.

If you're interested, here's a link to my posting about my DIY zipper replacement, although I have a feeling you've done plenty of them! :D

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...-front-entry-shell-suit-pics-1-3mb-total.html

Dave C

The zipper in the pics was the original installed by the factory. What seemed unusual?
There seems to be an awful lot of the "humpity bumpity" thing going on; the zips I'm used to seeing are all nice & flat.
Things get all warped like that when some aggressive thinner (or glue) gets used.
... those threads weren't so bad, were they?
Much past 1/16" is getting too much, when things get that long there's potential for mischief when the zipper slide starts aggravating the situation.
In your zipper replacement pics there's a long sucker that appears to be long enough to get between the teeth during closing & those can prevent a seal.

An old zip should be flat & smooth enough to allow the cutting out the old teeth & gluing down of a new zipper over the old remnant.

There seems to be an awful lot of the "humpity bumpity" thing going on; the zips I'm used to seeing are all nice & flat.
Things get all warped like that when some aggressive thinner (or glue) gets used.

Much past 1/16" is getting too much, when things get that long there's potential for mischief when the zipper slide starts aggravating the situation.
In your zipper replacement pics there's a long sucker that appears to be long enough to get between the teeth during closing & those can prevent a seal.

An old zip should be flat & smooth enough to allow the cutting out the old teeth & gluing down of a new zipper over the old remnant.

Thanks, Bob! I appreciate the tips from a pro!

I hope you're around in a few weeks when I post questions about techniques and suppliers when I'm ready to do a DIY replacement of the CF200 socks on my CLx450.

About the long thread at the base of the old zipper, I definitely let it get quite long. My only excuse is laziness thinking I was going to be replacing the zipper soon....soon turned out to be about two years of wearing a towel over the zipper leak until I'd finally had enough.... :D

It really wasn't that bad of a leak....maybe 2 or 3 cups of water after a long dive.... :)

Dave C

....soon turned out to be about two years of wearing a towel over the zipper leak until I'd finally had enough.... :D

It really wasn't that bad of a leak....maybe 2 or 3 cups of water after a long dive.... :)
eek.gif
Just when ya think you've heard it all...:rofl3:

I know this thread is old n dead, but I'm contemplating replacing my wrist seals on my DUI clx450. Is there a good place to buy them from? The place me mentioned above must be long gone? My lds wants 60 bucks for a pair of DUI wrist seals, and that's their price for them doing the work plus 35$ labor pet side. Thanks. I'll probably start a new thread on this too:)

I know this thread is old n dead, but I'm contemplating replacing my wrist seals on my DUI clx450. Is there a good place to buy them from? The place me mentioned above must be long gone? My lds wants 60 bucks for a pair of DUI wrist seals, and that's their price for them doing the work plus 35$ labor pet side. Thanks. I'll probably start a new thread on this too:)

Thought I might have extra pair of new wrist seals for you, but I'm going to need the one pair I have. I do have an extra DUI neck seal for $30 shipped, if you need that. Otherwise, there are several suppliers that have latex wrist and neck seals at reasonable prices.

Here's what Dive Right In Scuba has:

DRIS Dive Gear Manchette Latex Wrist Seals - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Best of luck!

Dave C

Last edited:

Cuffs in particular are way easier to install than what most folks would believe.

For tutorials & drysuit repair parts, have a look-see at: drysuit_repair_parts

Neckseals:$28
Cuffs: from $24 per pair (ask for the "eBay special")
Also PB-300 glue.

The "bell" or "bellows" style cuffs & neckseals come in several sizes, something MOST dive shops neglect to tell you about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom