what length hose are you using on a stage or pony (slung configuration)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

36" and 26" on a turret 1st stage.
I don't like having too many hoses coming round my neck and over the right shoulder.

Are you all doing the 40" because the reg is right handed? I'm new to the pony system and still setting up my reg. A picture on the setup and how it is used would be awesome.

No, I use a 40" hose because I use non swivel regs (no turret) on my deco/stages.

The reg is mounted horizontally rather than vertically. The hose runs straight up & down the length of the cylinder.

Sorry, don't own a camera. This page has some fotos & other info though.

TechnicalDiver.Com - Stage Bottle Rigging

The first bottle I cobbled together scored itself from leftovers from the primary stuff.
Never measured hose length never will never considered my gear or myself inadequate
until
listening to folks being berated for fin choice on informationboard

I use a 100 cm hose on my stage reg.

:wink:

Are you all doing the 40" because the reg is right handed? I'm new to the pony system and still setting up my reg. A picture on the setup and how it is used would be awesome.
That yellow miflex you asked about on my pony is what everyone else appears to be using, except Druid; just a tad over 100cm.:D It seems to be the right length for a hand-off if needed and not too long to wrap around the neck to come from the right side. I'll see if I have a pic to post. I'll bring it to Springfest and I'll be SM so you are more than welcome to try it out on some dives to see what you like or don't like about it. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom