Aqualung Zuma Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Straegen

New Fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new wing for my Zuma. The wings come right off and are easy to replace, but I am finding it difficult to locate an authorized dealer that doesn't want to tack on a $100 plus for the "repair" in addition to marking up the part itself. Any stores or people willing to sell the part directly near Cape Coral Florida or have shipping as an option?

Why not order it as a "spare" for an upcoming trip? No repair necessary, only a "just in case" "save a dive" part... :cool2:

Or, better yet, tell us what's wrong with it and maybe we can help you fix it yourself without replacing the wing...

I cannot find anyone locally who will sell me just the wing. They have to verify it was purchased at an authorized dealer (it was) and they have to do the repair despite the BC being out of warranty. They also want to tack on $100+ for "repairing" the BC along with the part cost. If I have the part, it is a ridiculously easy five-minute DIY job. Just need to find someone who will sell me the replacement wing without all the hassle.

I cannot find anyone locally who will sell me just the wing. They have to verify it was purchased at an authorized dealer (it was) and they have to do the repair despite the BC being out of warranty. They also want to tack on $100+ for "repairing" the BC along with the part cost. If I have the part, it is a ridiculously easy five-minute DIY job. Just need to find someone who will sell me the replacement wing without all the hassle.
So what's wrong with it? Perhaps there are some alternate options for part sources that aren't specifically "diving" options.

There is a hole and a small tear in the wing. I thought about using Aquaseal and a patch kit, but I don't mind spending some money to fix it. Figured someone around here might have a connection that could order the part allowing me to skip the relative costly repair from a shop.

Yeah, that should be a relatively easy fix, if you can't find a source for a new bladder. I've repaired 2 to 3 inch diameter holes in bladders before...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom