looking for headlight for night diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mb-sub X1-VB top of your price range. Variable focus 3-25 degrees, magnetic collar, 3x AA, awesome quality, 17,500 lux in 3 degree mode, 250 lumens. Great light for daytime too.

I quite wholeheartedly agree with Jim. A head lamp is a sure fire way to blind a buddy. You can not even look their way, to check on you buddy, without blinding them. You do check on your buddy, I am assuming?

Bad enough when a buddy's hand held light hits me in the face.

to be helpful... Here you go. I have no idea if it's best. scubahdwide_3.jpgthey have camera's build into the mask part. Liquid Image | Scuba Series HD 720p Wide Angle the lights might fit generic masks but again I have no idea. I don't see why you would want one, a hand light or canister is going to provide better more focused light (defused beams quickly be come useless if the water is not crystal clear has particulate mater in it, is basically normal or you need to signal with it and get results. But to each their own.

Headlights may serve a purpose for specialized types of diving where you must have both hands completely free, but I would think a hand held light would serve you much better. I just got a Hollis LED3 and an Oxycheq light sock and I cant say enough good things about this system! Everyone has thier own opinions and experience on lights, this is what I have and am very pleased with it.

My thread may help you out:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/415565-oxycheq-light-sock.html

I bought a head-light once, used it once and threw it into my junk box. The reason - it attracted swarms of tiny creatures around my head/mask and they kept burrowing under my hood and into my ears.

I bought a head-light once, used it once and threw it into my junk box. The reason - it attracted swarms of tiny creatures around my head/mask and they kept burrowing under my hood and into my ears.

Judging by how my hand held light occasionally draws swarms of critters on many night dives, I can see that happening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom