If you could only make one boat dive in Bonaire...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rock pile over at Klein Bonaire.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Oil Slick Leap. An odd choice maybe. Have done as shore dive and as boat dive. Doesn't look that much but varied environments from coral rubble, coral ridge to caverns under the cliff has meant that every time I have seen something unusual. Not difficult, not deep = nice long dive and time to explore, find things, and just hang there and watch.

I vote for Rappel. Really beautiful varieties of coral and you really can't shore dive it, unless you rappel.

Salt Pier was open for diving last week. We saw more more fish, hands down, on that site than any other dive site we visited. HUGE Tarpon, and tons of life! We just couldn't get enough.

In previous years it was not open during our visit, but this year we revisited for multiple dives. You can do it as a shore dive, even easier.

Any site off Klein Bonaire - on Bonaire you can do most of the dives from shore. East Coast is not for beginners nor are the southernmost or northernmost (park) dives. Town Pier has been closed to divers for a number of years now.

For a boat dive the tree tank trip that Buddy's offers to the north end of the island is great. A shore dive possibility that is great if the weather is right would be an east side dive with VIP Divers. We have done dives with Bas at Lac Cai and Boca Onima and a night dive at Lac Cai. All were worth it many times over. Boca Onima is worth it just for the entry!!

Back
Top Bottom