Need Dacor Olympus 400 Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nfarrar

Contributor
Reaction score
My boss gave me him 400 regulator. I would like to have it serviced and hang on to it as a backup reg. I hooked it up to a tank and it didnt free flow at surface level and supplied air. Is there someone recommended I can mail it too for service? It has been well stored for 30 years. The last time it was used or serviced was in the early 80s! I understand the parts are few and far between but I would still like to have a pro look at it. I dont want to take it to my LDS. They are a SB shop and Im afraid to let them touch it. Its easier for them to break it and try to sell me another SB reg.

On a side note my boss was a doctor in the Navy in the late 60's and early 70's. He was stationed at guantanamo bay around 69-71 or 72. He dove the bay with this regulator. I think thats kind of neat. Maybe one day the Castros will die and we will be able to go back to Cuba.

Thanks Mon,
Nick

Nick, Your regulator can be serviced. I have been repairing Dacor gear for over 20 years now and most likely have the parts for your gear. The 400 Olympic was a well made if somewhat heavy regulator and they are not that difficult to repair Your can contact me via private e-mail for more details on how to get this serviced enloe.d@sbcglobal.net Regards Scott

Nfarrar, I would recommend you take Scott up on his service of this regulator. I have several, and have had them apart. Being larger than most, they have one very nice feature, which is an internal filter ring which is highly efficient in removing any residual contaminants (particles) that may get through the initial sintered filter. Dacor's catalog states "Dual filtering system traps particles in air down to ten millionths of an inch and prevents these impurities from contaminating the regulator." This is a very well-designed, balanced diaphragm first stage, and a pretty good second stage. You will enjoy it.

SeaRat

The 400 Olympic was a well made if somewhat heavy regulator and they are not that difficult to repair Scott

Scott, I am quite married to my Olympic 400 set up.. Nick, there are some parts bags on ebay right now that might be handy to have if you have various states of cosmetic "use" or blemishes on your rig. (I'm not affiliated with any of the sellers.) :cool2:

Here's a schematic, if someone gets stuck?

Just being helpful. Thanks?
Like couv said, "You can even store your car key in the first stage."
or something like that, but not an electronic one.

knowone, outstanding pic ; saving that one... thanks :wink:

Scott,

I got my Olympic 400 back. Its in great order. Thank you! You did a great job on the service. Same time next year or 2?

Later Mon,
Nick

Back
Top Bottom