Bonne Terre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I mostly enjoy the reef, but I too had Bonne Terre on my list. It's cold, no fish life, but it does have an appeal. I am glad I went but don't plan to go again. No lights allowed when I went, but I used the strobe on my camera rig to see. The mine history is interesting and seeing a few mine tools was about it other than viewing the chipped rock walls and going under water falls.
Just remember, it's cold, unlike a reef dive you may want a heavy wet suit or better yet dry suit. I thought the dives were over priced, but this was on my bucket list so if it's on yours go for it.

I live fairly close and have wanted to do this dive for a while. Do you think I could get by with a farmer john? I am 5'10", 175 lbs so I have a bit of natural insulation but not much.

I live fairly close and have wanted to do this dive for a while. Do you think I could get by with a farmer john? I am 5'10", 175 lbs so I have a bit of natural insulation but not much.

I did my OW and AOW water there in a 7 mm farmer john. You'll be cold by days end (3 dives) - but it's doable.

I may be a bit better insulated though... :) 5'10" 225#.

Bjorn

Back
Top Bottom