500 Lumen Light only $79.99

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone else had battery issues with this light yet? I just received mine and was surprised that it came with a set of batteries already installed. Light seem very well made and i'm really looking forward to diving with it.

When I tested it didn't seem all that bright so I figured the batteries where old and picked up a new set of duracells from the store. Long story short new batteries don't work at all and the ones that shipped with technically work but seem weak.

I feel like an idiot asking this, but other than C cells, is there any special battery requirement here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

any resolution to this?

Didn't see that post somehow....

What do you mean the new batteries don't work at all? If you want, send it back and we will send you a new one. There might be something wrong with the light. We have not seen this issue at all, and this is the first I heard of it. Just let me know :wink:

I can tell you that If you have a problem with this light Mike will stand behind it and get you taken care of. My new light flooded on the first dive I don't know if this was my error with messing up a o-ring or a failure of the light. There was no issue Mike sent me a new light and I sent him the old one back on his dime There were no questions no argument the first thing he said was a new one is on the way.

Now as far as the output of the light. It is bright out of the box and it has a nice focus point with great diffusion. I am heading to Florida in 2 weeks and am taking this light as my primary and leaving my can light home it is that bright.

Check your battery's you may have them in wrong or you may have bad ones. My light produced great light even when it was flooded although it flickered.

I got my light last week. With batteries in it. I was surprised, thx DRIS. The light seems pretty durable and similar to the Hollis 5w in size and construction. Hope to dive it in the So Cal oceans as soon as my dry suit gets back from DRIS. The brightness on land looks good. I'll fill ya in once I get it wet :wink:

Thx DRIS looks like another great product...

Just dove my first night dive (ever) on Paradise in Coz and brought my new DRIS light along. Very good light! I'd like a diffuser cap for it though, might see if I can fab one up. Here's an action pic:

c9740412-7866-e91b.jpg

Just dove my first night dive (ever) on Paradise in Coz and brought my new DRIS light along. Very good light! I'd like a diffuser cap for it though, might see if I can fab one up.
c9740412-7866-e91b.jpg

I bet the beam on that thing will cut through murky water. I find a wide flood lower output beam works best in clear coral reef waters as it doesn't scare off as many of the reef inhabitants. A diffuser may make this light more versatile if it is your only light. If you are diffusing for video, then the beam probably isn't going to be wide enough.

I will probably get one of these to use as my main primary light this season. Keep us updated with your progress and good luck with the mod.

Take care.

EAN

It seems like a really good light. My other backup is a iTorch Advance B-Led which is like a light sabre. This torch kills that in whiteness and brightness.
It actually seems quite comparable to my RX2 Can light. Can't wait to dive it.

P.S when testing it in a dark room, make sure you are not pointing it at a mirror when you turn it on!!

Oh boy, I can't wait. Going to be diving this light in Monterey this weekend. Now just to fig out if I want to carry it by hand or use a light sock.

Oh boy, I can't wait. Going to be diving this light in Monterey this weekend. Now just to fig out if I want to carry it by hand or use a light sock.

Post what is working or what isn't..... trying to figure out what to do myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom