HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That ship is rapidly becoming encrusted. The concerns of the folks who were against the sinking should feel a little more confident about the cleanup. I didn't see any plastic or glass debris in any of the spaces on that video. There didn't even seem to be any wire or cable still present.

Lovely thank you!

Hi

Just some articles from the local newspaper. No copyright intended.

Attachments

• img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 85
  • img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 72
  • img031.jpg
    img031.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: D_B
That ship is rapidly becoming encrusted. The concerns of the folks who were against the sinking should feel a little more confident about the cleanup. I didn't see any plastic or glass debris in any of the spaces on that video. There didn't even seem to be any wire or cable still present.

I reguarly dive on the HMAS Canberra in Melbourne and enjoyed a few dives on the Adelaide around Christmas. The Adelaide is well encrusted, whilst the Canberra is mostly covered in weed. It's also apparent that a lot more effort went into cleaning up the Adelaide. There's far less mess and debris on the Adelaide. Similar ships but different dives. Both very enjoyable but it's apparent that a lot of effort went into cleaning up the Adelaide.

The Adelaide is a major draw card for Terrigal and Avoca. My wife and I made a point of taking a holiday there at the first opportunity specifically to dive the Adelaide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom