Last trip to malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I could wait for them to reply to my email but I'm sure someone on here knows.

What time is the last trip from Maya to malapascua? The resort will be sending a transfer for us so we are not bound by the regularly scheduled trips.

We are arriving at Cebu airport at 1:40 pm. That means 5 in Maya right? Will they still travel at that time? Not even considering planes are always late.

Thanks guys.

Paul

I don't think you'll have any problem. I was due to arrive to Cebu airport at about the same time but flight arrival was delayed by about 2 hours and so was dark by the time I arrived for the boat transfer. No problems, just cost me extra. Don't remeber how much, I think it's listed somewhere in the TSD web page (probably same costs for whatever shop you're using).

There is not realy a schedule, local boats leave when they are full. 5am is about the time of first light so it should not be a problem to get a boat from Maya at that time. If you have agreed transportation with the resort then its not a problem they will arrange that. Malapasqua is a nice place with some good dive sites, happy diving.

Paul,
If you get a car, van you'll not have any problems, you'll arrive with plenty of time. Even if you arrive late don't stress, we arrived on one trip at 11pm at night just went to Abba guest house 150m from the boats (listed in Lonely Planet) and got a boat in the morning. Abba is easy but hard to find (hope that makes sense), do your research or PM me. If it's Evolution you'll be looked after what ever time you get in.

Oh yeah 5pm so you said, well thats an hour before it gets dark, do the resort arrange the boat transport or do you have to do that yourself? If I remember correct the price we paid for a trip at 3pm from Maya was around php50 each, however late day local boats will probably charge you more,they may charge you php200 or more (I have heard of upto php1200) if it's the last boat but thats still not a lot. Have a nice trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom