How often to change computer battery- Aeris Atomis AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Atmos AI is 2 years old now and has about 35 dives on it. The battery meter still reads full. I would hate for it to go out on a liveaboard or something. We have one planned this year and one next year.

How often do you change your computer battery?

Is it really as easy as you are lead to believe? Unscrew compartment, replace battery and o-ring, and screw back in? I'm always a little worried about working on my own equipment.

Thanks!

Oceanic/Aries computer battery bar is inaccurate. It can show full today and flashing for low battery tomorrow at your first dive. This happen to my Aries t3 when I was in Thailand. I strongly recommend you to bring along spare battery at least.

Eelnora, is right. I have a cressi archimede. Same thing happens, one dive it says FULL, next dive no computer, I allways carry a spare battery, You can change it in 1 minute.

You might get a more accurate battery test if you put the computer in the fridge for an hour or two first. Battery capacity depends on temperature, so chilling the thing before running the self test may be more representative of how it will actually be operated, compared to room temperature (or warmer) air. Or at least cooling a battery might push a marginal one far enough over the edge to tell you that you're already close to the end.

It sounds like it is probably do for a change. I had someone tell me 50 dives or so. Of course 50 thirty minute dives would be a
lot less than 50 sixty minute dives. My Aeris Atmos II also stays on for 24 hours anytime you are in a no fly situation so there
are really a lot of variables. I love my atmos II but agree with the others the battery bar thingy can be a little goofy. It may be just
me but it seems every battery I install acts a little differently with the battery bar. Some new batterys it gets weird right away, other
batterys go to full and remain there until battery is low. P.S. The battery replacement is a little tricky if you have not done it a few
times.

Before I would go on a trip, I would probably either replace the battery to start with or take it in and have it done. Either way if I was spending the money to go on a trip, I would change the battery before I left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom