Looking for an update on conditions in Fort Wetherill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rzep

Contributor
Reaction score
I've just made an overhaul on my equipment and I am looking to do a check up dive this Saturday. I am thinking FW, but if the conditions are bad, I may as well stay in CT and make a check up in Brownstone Quarry. Any recent info will be appreciated.
rgrds
Tomek

It's been very windy all day today and Sat looks to be the same, so it's a crap shoot. I'm going there myself in the afternoon to check a few thing on my gear but i'm not going to do a dive unless the condition are good. I'd do Brownstone if I were you.

It's been very windy all day today and Sat looks to be the same, so it's a crap shoot. I'm going there myself in the afternoon to check a few thing on my gear but i'm not going to do a dive unless the condition are good. I'd do Brownstone if I were you.
I hear you! I don't want to drive almost two hours to find same crapy viz - that I can get with 20 min ride to Brownstone. Thx for an update.

---------- Post added April 28th, 2012 at 12:39 PM ----------

I'm going there myself in the afternoon to check a few thing on my gear but I'm not going to do a dive unless the condition are good. I'd do Brownstone if I were you.

I went to Brownstone today -no joy! Unfortunately no one was there - everything closed. Did you dove FW? I maybe heading there tomorrow depends on the report.
rgrds
Tomek

I didn't dive Sat. Sat isn't a good day for me. I work all night and if I don't sleep after I get home I'm just too tired to dive, old fart. I'll be diving Sun at Ft Adams behind the Eisenhower House in the East Passage. Giant Strides Dive Shop is having the Spring waterfront / underwater cleanup at 11AM.

Checked out conditions at Wetherill yesterday and it was churning up a storm so we passed. Ended up getting wet in Bluebell Cove in Portsmouth. Viz was only 2' but we got underwater for the first time in 2012.

Steve

I took a chance on FW today. It was OK not much of an wave action, kinda of shelter from NWW wind. Made a slow loop(75 min) from west to east cove, around the little island. Vis only about 2-3 feet, temp surface 56-57F, bellow 45' 53F. Seen couple undersized bugs, two 4-5lbs blacks. That about it - dive equipment checked.
rgrds
Tomek

I went Monday 4-30 and it was the same a few feet vis. The waves where white capped because it was a SSE wind lowing right into the cove. I used my 7mm wetsuit and hooded vest. No gloves, forgot them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom