Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed. BTW, I'm not dumping on the ET, this is just my last chance to really think through this choice before pulling the trigger.

Agreed. BTW, I'm not dumping on the ET, this is just my last chance to really think through this choice before pulling the trigger.

completely agree with the "buying once" idea...had i bit the bullet on the ET (or the DRIS pkg) earlier, i could've saved a ton of $$$.

Same here. Technically this is my second buy as I picked up an entry level Seaquest stab jacket some 12 years ago. I got a couple hundred dives out of it so I suppose it's been depreciated. I gave it away a few years ago to force myself to redo my gear if I ever got back into diving. I didn't want to be tempted to keep diving it just because it was there and already paid for.

Un-Stinking-Believable!!!

Here is my take on it...

Fit: I have always been amazed by Zeagle's ability to fit a "wide" variety of people (pardon the pun) by moving the cumber bund in and out. My student gear consists of 4 Stilettos and one Brigade. I have an S, two M, an X and an XL. Yes, it takes me a few minutes to get these BCs to fit a class, but they are rock solid and I have only had to borrow an XS once. NO MORE! The Express Tech will fit from the smallest to the largest in mere moments. It's a true one size fits everyone...

I thought that one was a one size fits all...

Sorry, couldn't resist :chuckle:.

Carry on... carry on!

Ok, well I'm positive the Zeagle Express Tech would have been a good choice for me also, but I went ahead and ordered the DRIS BP/W system. I can't wait for it to arrive!

I think the ET makes a much better warm water travel rig but I think the DRIS BP/W will serve me better for my local diving. I can certainly see why NetDoc would be all over one.

Ok, well I'm positive the Zeagle Express Tech would have been a good choice for me also, but I went ahead and ordered the DRIS BP/W system. I can't wait for it to arrive!

I think the ET makes a much better warm water travel rig but I think the DRIS BP/W will serve me better for my local diving. I can certainly see why NetDoc would be all over one.

were you able to get the sale price?

This tread should be a sticky. Only one thing missing.....some pic's of how you have your personal "Dive Shop" set up on the ET. Got my ET (first BCD) and have been moving/trying to adjust d rings, keeping it minimal, where to attach my Octo/ second, adjusting crotch strap (what do you attach to the D ring on the Zeagle crotch strap?..seems dangerous:D) and trying to get courage to trim straps.....all this in garage so far...diving it first time next weekend. Thanks for this thread

My Express Tech arrived this week, looking forward to getting it wet.

I second the motion that this tread needs some pictures of individual setups.

I did 20 dives in the Red Sea in the beginning of April, and my new ET was absolutely superb! It took two dives to set the straps and tank to fit me, but after that it was a whole new experience from an ordinary BCD: the sense of being hugged by something was gone, and it felt more like swimming around in a wetsuit than actually diving. Another thing that struck med was the build quality: I would need to do some very funky stuff to tear anything on it!
Thanks to Capt. Gene for hooking me up with this gear, I won't look back :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom